close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do you think George W. Bush ever loses sleep about the Iraq War?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by IndianaMatt, Dec 13, 2012.

1. IndianaMatt

IndianaMatt
    Expand Collapse

Trillions of dollars in the garbage but, much worse, nearly 5,000 American lives wasted.

I wonder if that guy ever thinks what a mistake he made, while he's clearing brush just for fun on his non-working Texas ranch.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Ruggles

Ruggles
    Expand Collapse

Who knows if he does or not, he knows things about why he did what he did that you or I do not.

3. hogfish

hogfish
    Expand Collapse
    Señor Member

I think he was an honest, good guy that just got duped. So, yeah. :sadangel:

4. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds
    Expand Collapse
    Tewwowist

Unfortunately it all could have been avoided had Sadaam simply allowed unfettered inspection instead of kicking the inspectors out.

One good thing was that he did it despite the UN which opposed it to protect the illegal trade being engaged in by by various members and foreign heads of state.

I guess in the end if you have a sworn enemy who is working to build a wmd arsenal and won't allow inspections, and sanctions don't work because the thieves in the UN ignore them for personal profit, what choice do you have?

What is particularly interesting is that the entire world's intelligence community agreed that there was an active wmd program underway. The very unfortunate thing involved the fact that the Clinton administration had gutted the CIA so we had no worthwhile intelligence. I guess when it all comes down to it you can easily say that 9/11 and the Iraq war was caused by Bill Clinton.

5. Keoking

Keoking
    Expand Collapse

You're kidding, right?

Halliburton and several other companies should build statues of GWB. He made a lot of Americans very rich.

5000 Americans killed? And? They would have died anyways. Sometimes you need to crack a few eggs to accumulate significant wealth.

6. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds
    Expand Collapse
    Tewwowist

This is true. Sadaam should have known that you don't give a military industrial complex even a hint of a reason to go to war.

7. The Machinist

The Machinist
    Expand Collapse
    No Compromise

Do you ever lose sleep over the fact that you're a liberal, and everything you stand for makes this world a worse place?

8. Vic777

Vic777
    Expand Collapse

That money was put to good use feeding soldiers and buying bullets, and Obama has printed that Trillion back anyway and given it to his lieberal supporters, didn't you get any? It doesn't matter anyway, America is over.

9. Vic777

Vic777
    Expand Collapse

Obama has a better way, he just prints it, and oh ya, you and your kids pay.

10. jdavionic

jdavionic
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

Fast foward to the ****** bag that you voted for and is POTUS. Another trolling post by our liberal waste of space.

11. BORNGEARHEAD

BORNGEARHEAD
    Expand Collapse

If hell were real, he'd be there.

12. Gundude

Gundude
    Expand Collapse

Right. It is essential that third-world dictators not goad us into war. Our prosperity and the lives of our children depend on third-world dictators acting responsibly. How can we not sacrifice trillions of dollars and thousands of lives whenever some two-bit tyrant rattles his sabre? :upeyes:

The US is like Pavlov's dog with tanks.

13. akroguy

akroguy
    Expand Collapse

14. TK-421

TK-421
    Expand Collapse

Only 5,000? Over 10 years of war? Be glad the casualties weren't comparable to WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam. I'd say we did really, really well for only having 5,000 casualties over 10 years. Granted, it's 5,000 more than there should be, but it's nowhere near as bad as it could've been.

15. PBR Sailor

PBR Sailor
    Expand Collapse

Given the number of Tier 1 terrorists and intel recovered in Iraq, President Bush saved thousands of U.S. civilian lives that would have been killed on U.S. soil, maybe even your life. Given that he did the right thing, he still cannot sleep well at night with the loss of even one U.S. soldier on his mind. That goes with the territory. It's part of being President.

I am sure that a lot of people who glean all of their information from the internet, college professors and U.S. news agencies will now start their attack on my post. Spending one week on vacation in Egypt or Lebanon will not give you the same perspective as many who have been deployed in hostile areas for extended periods of time. Watch BBC World News, Al Jazeera D.C. Bureau, subscribe to overseas newspapers, etc. and get the perspective of overseas reporters in addition to those who have been there and done that.

Freedom is not free, someone always has to pay for that Freedom, and the fight is best fought off U.S. soil.

To answer your question directly, I am sure that President Bush and President Obama do not sleep well at night.

#15 PBR Sailor, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  16. GT4494

GT4494
    Expand Collapse

I would let this video and the fact that on the occasions that he went to Dover and met with the families it was all off camera.

If you watch closely you can see him palming his command coin to everyone he shook hands with. He didn't make it a big to-do like the current CiC does...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOC_JjNFkVw"]President George W Bush Greeting Troops at DFW - YouTube[/ame]

#16 GT4494, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  17. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20
    Expand Collapse
    LongTerm-Guy

+1 ...

18. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20
    Expand Collapse
    LongTerm-Guy

19. randrew379

randrew379
    Expand Collapse

Don't forget, God told W to invade both Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

20. cowboy1964

cowboy1964
    Expand Collapse

Do you think Bill Clinton ever loses sleep over not getting Bin Laden when he had the chance (multiple times BTW) and could have potentially stopped 9/11?