close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Do you think Barack Obama has the necessary qualities to be President?

Discussion in 'GT Voting Booth' started by jnojr, Aug 28, 2008.

1. cookekdjr

cookekdjr

Jan 6, 2006
    Georgia
    ummm...to the grass roots?
    Seriously, I understand you not liking his stance on some issues. I get that. But follow the money? Most of his contributions are less than $100 and come from average Americans.
    Are you saying you don't like average folks? I'm afraid I don't understand. Did he suddenly get a payoff from somebody and it wasn't public knowledge? Help us out here...
    thanks,

David

2. Gun Shark

Gun Shark

Aug 25, 2005
    Florida
    Yes I do think he has a chance I also think that it will be a very close race.

3. gravel

gravel gravel

Oct 17, 2007
    Iowa
  4. GMAN40

GMAN40 OIF Vet. 04-05

Apr 25, 2005
    US of A
    Do you think Barack Obama has the necessary qualities to be President?

Maybe , maybe not!! But McCain's POW experience doesn't make him qualified to be president.:upeyes:

5. slewfoot

slewfoot Random Mayhem

May 13, 2007
    S.E. Pa
    Why do you focus on McCain's POW experience? How about his 20 + years of Congressional service?

We could match that up with Barry's 3 years of voting Present.:rofl::rofl:

6. cxray

cxray Glock Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    With Palin now, Mccain has both gender sides and would surely win this election

7. cookekdjr

cookekdjr

Jan 6, 2006
    Georgia
    Seriously, dude. Snopes is your friend. So is basic internet research. Just google "maureen dowd" with "obama fundraising". You'll be directed to alot of urban legends websites. The editorial is a fake.
    Basic rule of thumb: if you see something about Obama that indicates he's a spy or a muslim or an agent of foreign governments or any outrageous claim like that, its a fraud. Every email I get from my Republican friends about Obama I run through snopes or a similar site. To date, 100% of them have proven to be known internet frauds.

8. tomkatz

tomkatz

Nov 4, 2002
    Auburn, WA.
    You're right, and I believed a good friend who said he had already checked and it was valid. Guess it shows you how much I dislike Obama, I'd believe pretty much anything about him.
    Anyway, I'll snopes any stuff I hear about him in the future.

9. Anyone who voted yes, and your on a gun forum you're clueless. Obama is as anti as they come.

10. infoe

infoe

Jun 24, 2008
    I'm voting for mccain, but what difference does it make if he's anti gun, anti abortion, anti mcdonald's....what DIFFERENCE does that make his ability to be president of the United States.

I think he is a worthy candidate for the Presidency.

Don't be so narrow minded. I vote the man, not the party.

11. atlharp

atlharp

Jan 21, 2008
    B.O. has illicited bad judgment and an inability to stand by principled positions when faced with significant criticism or political damage.

His associations with hateful anti-american preachers (Wright) and unrepentant domestic terrorists (Ayers) make him a liability of the first order.

So the answer is NO

ATL

12. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

Jun 14, 2005
    Tulsa
    he's most likely to be muslim friendly of any candidate in his position in the last 40 years. mexicans I can assimilate, if forced. 5 years of mandatory english classes, forced deportations of those receiving social services as illegals, tolerance of taxpayers (we LIKE taxpayers, get it? ) and we got a handle on the mexican issue. what we DO NOT have a handle on, is muslim investment.

and it'll eat the prosperity of our kids and kill our culture and mr obama is the prime suspect to sign off on it. that one thing, alone, is a deal breaker, and with palin i've got something to think about but mccains aged blather. ok, i'll do 'er. ANYBODY but obama.

no bluidy thank you, i don't want the social services at the cost of devaluation of currency, it's not even a fair trade. stable currency and LEAVE THE MONEY ALONE .. THEN you can have prosperity, it can NOT be inflated or stolen, it's a zero sum game till you ADD VALUE.. and that's by the worlds standards now and we play on a level playing field like it or don't.

either tighten up or get out of the game, and we can turn the country around with the same hard work that built it. . and without that hard work, we can NOT turn it around. islam is too divisive to exist within a republican matrix, or even within a democratic one, it'll eat itself in the attempt.

it's by it's nature unitary theocracy, and we can't tolerate even the toehold it's gotten already. it's poison. No to obama. to HELL with obama, in fact.. he'll not serve as a president to me and mine no matter who says otherwise.

13. kpw

kpw

Jan 18, 2008
    Yeah, he has all the qualifications. He is the Pied Piper of politics. He has become the messiah of the left and he is going to save us all from ourselves. People tend to look for a savior when times are tough and in Obama, they've found theirs. Promise the masses a little prosperity in harsh times and they'll be glad to give up some rights and maybe a chunk of their moral souls to get it. Personally, I'm pro-Life, pro-2A, pro-military, pro-death penalty and pro-business. He's right about one thing, I do cling to my guns and religion. I'm not so much bitter but angry at the populace that needs someone to make life all better for them. We live in a country that most poor people have a car, a computer, cable TV, cell phones and eat enough to get fat. Even with all of that, they still ***** because they are "entitled to more". Why? Because they are Americans? Remember when people earned their living? When they took pride in their achievements while enduring hardships? We have a right to health care and education and many other things but we're NOT entitled to it.

Sorry for the rant!

14. racine

racine Millennium Member

He should run for mayor of Chicago, or some small town. The guy is talented but a real rookie for one of the most trying roles in leadership. He is a well spoken fella but his spoken points are empty idealistic ranting. Joe "...Your No Jack Kennedy" Biden would be my last choice of 20, and the reason he always falls off the ticket. Again, NOOOO!!!