close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do you think Barack Obama has the necessary qualities to be President?

Discussion in 'GT Voting Booth' started by jnojr, Aug 28, 2008.

1. meshmdz

meshmdz
    Expand Collapse
    OBAMA 2012

Well the American people OVERWHELMINGLY believe he is qualified!!! We have spoken and WE have elected our new Leader! PRESIDENT OBAMA!!!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

Is it okay if we start calling him by his real name again, Barack Hussein Obama, now that he is elected and all?

3. Lady Glock

Lady Glock
    Expand Collapse

How about we just call him by his correct title. He is PRESIDENT ELECT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA

4. SDGlock23

SDGlock23
    Expand Collapse
    Glockoholic

I'll just call him B.O.

5. meshmdz

meshmdz
    Expand Collapse
    OBAMA 2012

call him what you may, he is the next President of the USA and there hasnt been a movement behind a President Elect like this in decades!!! I am so happy for our country.

6. cam6702

cam6702
    Expand Collapse
    Safety's Off

damn right!

but on a serious note no i dont think he has what it takes i based my vote for McCain off of experience and who in my eyes seemed to be best fit for the job, not race. i dont think he has what it takes and i dont think he can carry out all of the promises he has made. i hope im wrong for the sake of my children and upcoming generations but only time will tell unfortunately.

7. cam6702

cam6702
    Expand Collapse
    Safety's Off

im not im in mourning, in my eyes yesterday was Americas Funeral

8. ChrisVV

ChrisVV
    Expand Collapse
    American

According to his paternal grandmother, he was born in Kenya. She was there when he was born.

So I vote no.

oh but Factcheck.org said his birth cert was real.

Factcheck.org is funded by The ANNENBERG FOUNDATION (the one with Ayers and Obama on its Board

Hawaii said it was authentic...

A few days after he "visited his dieing grandmother" in hawaii.

Please people dont just dismiss this, look into it.

His brainwashed supporters will say, "who cares at least he is not GW Bush."

Seriously?
    I guess this makes me a conspiracy theorist. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEgYY-n3ogs

#348 ChrisVV, Nov 6, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  9. ChrisVV

ChrisVV
    Expand Collapse
    American

What the hell are you happy about?

RIP
    1776-2008

Does this make you happy?

I think I understood what you ment to say to I fixed it for you.

10. Lady Glock

Lady Glock
    Expand Collapse

Sadly, I agree...this is the death of our Constitution, our freedom, our United States of America :worried:

11. gunsite

gunsite
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

i haven't given up yet, sometimes you learn more from a good scar than from good advice, and i think the US will do the same. All things equal its very hard for a 8 year party to continue another 4 years, so a democrat winning was not that unpredictable.

I think the media will turn on him now that he's in office, the last i looked, the stock market is sinking big time today, and this is due to what the investors see down the road (6 Months). They predict obama moving or governing from the center, his track record as a senator doesn't prove that, but things change when you got the ball, i think he's a liberal like jimmy carter was and he's going to spread misery evenly to everyone.

Maybe this lost will make the GOP rethink its strategy and run on conservative values in 4 years instead of this moderate bipartisan approach, conservatism and the values that our fathers built this country on still means something, this country is crying for a REAGAN type of politician

12. meshmdz

meshmdz
    Expand Collapse
    OBAMA 2012

PALIN in 2012!!!!!

We Democrats will win EVERYTIME!!!! Keep her as the new leader of the Republican party!!! PUH-LEASE!

13. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot
    Expand Collapse
    OIF 04-05

Absolutely more qualified than GWB, McCain or Palin :whistling:

14. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

Especially if Obama can do something about that pesky Constitution he finds so fundamentally flawed.

15. kat1950

kat1950
    Expand Collapse

Obama is a Stooge for the Democratic Party, He has no qualifications for President, He has done nothing in his very short career in the US senate, thought he is surrounding himself with allot of Clinton People, must be driving those young college liberals with no knowledge of what the real world is all about, they will when they get out there in the real world and run into a boss that will use them to make a buck and if they don't perform and play the game they will be gone,maybe they will go cry to their Liberal college professors. Just fired 3 Obama supporters for not playing the game, I guess they got a swollen head over the election and decided to through 3 to 5 years out the window, 2 came back crying the blues about their families and the holidays,I laughed and told them they should have though about that before they decided to no longer play the game. The GAME are my rules, they need money and I have it. Welcome to the real world.

67 million people voted for Obama due to the economy, his own campaign admitted that, out of desperation, when he cant deliver on all those promises will see how fast they turn on him, other than the college students, which don't amount to anything in this society until they get out into the real world and accomplish something. The only people to get this economy out of this problem is the private sector, and that will take time in years, Obama and the democratic congress will keep printing money and the heads of these major companies will be there with their hands out and they will get money, free money they don't need to get their companies out of trouble,Capitalism is great, the rich get richer and the poor will get poorer. After printing all this money and the value of the dollar declines and the recession deepens, he will lose in 4 years as Jimmy Carter lost, remember 21 per cent interest rate, college kids excluded, you were still in diapers if you were even on this earth, and he will go down as one of the worst presidents, and that is too bad,especially for the first black president. IF he was a smart guy, he would have passed on this year election and have somebody else fail, and come back in 4 years win and go down in history as the first Great black president.

#355 kat1950, Dec 5, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  16. John_Galt

John_Galt
    Expand Collapse

BO being elected unfortunately shows the general population is no longer capable of a democratic republic. The Founding Fathers warned of this. We know have an "American Idol" president. Adams in particular wrote of the character qualities of public office. He warned of men like BO. They were afraid this would happen it is why originally Senators were not elected, but chosen by State legislators and why we have electoral college. It is not about ideas, but character and experience. BO has neither, there were far more qualified Democrats. I truly hope for the sake of the country he does well, but have little hope. I fear for my childrens futures. So noone thinks I have any great love for GWB, I take issue with many of the things he's done, but not in the vein of conventional wisdom.

17. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot
    Expand Collapse
    OIF 04-05

ABSOLUTELY! He certainly has more on the ball than GWB did! The past 8 years proves that!

18. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

Since Obama has not served as President yet, and apparently did absolutely nothing as a U.S. Senator for 180 days, or as an Illinois legislator, what do you base your hypothesis on, that he will do a better job?

What track record of Obama are you aware of that no one else has been able to find? Please let us know. The world wonders.

19. community

community
    Expand Collapse

no no and no

20. Harley Rider 1955

Harley Rider 1955
    Expand Collapse

He's a qualified motivational speaker and role model. He's NOT qualified to president.