close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Do you think Barack Obama has the necessary qualities to be President?

Discussion in 'GT Voting Booth' started by jnojr, Aug 28, 2008.

1. cookekdjr

cookekdjr

Jan 6, 2006
    Georgia
    A challenge to you: Name one day, ONE DAY, ONE DAY when Obama voted "present" in the US Senate.
    If you can't do it, take it back. Put up or shut up.

2. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    <<<<Don't have a prob at all.'08.

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    USA
  4. MasterShake

MasterShake Brew Crew

Aug 19, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    He's about as qualified as my nephew is, he is 8 and goes to the YMCA. :rofl:

Obama is only as good as his teleprompter.

5. cookekdjr

cookekdjr

Jan 6, 2006
    Georgia
    gunsite,
    still waiting for you to name any day when Obama voted "present" in the U.S. Senate. Still waiting.
    Extra bonus question: name ANY US Senator who has voted "present".

6. meshmdz

meshmdz OBAMA 2012

Mar 12, 2006
    Fort Knox, KY
    cooke, alot of fellas on here are good guys but they just spout rhetoric they hear and take it as fact.

7. stetson

stetson

Jun 19, 2005
    Augusta,Maine
    No ,but the young voters love him.Just go to any college and you see nothing but his posters and his supporters including faculty polluting young minds!

8. meshmdz

meshmdz OBAMA 2012

Mar 12, 2006
    Fort Knox, KY
    You are right and wrong.

Right - college campuses are very excited about a President Obama. :supergrin:

Wrong - profs arent polluting, they are exposing the ass of the Bush admins past 8 years as if there was ever any real need for further explanation. :rofl: a consequence is OBAMA supporters galore!!! :supergrin::supergrin:

9. SigPro2022

SigPro2022

May 15, 2007
    Oregon
    Kind of like the way the Obama faithful spread the rhetoric they here.

10. meshmdz

meshmdz OBAMA 2012

Mar 12, 2006
    Fort Knox, KY
    Not really, its more like we believe and understand the stance of the candidate we support as a fix to the **** the Republican party has presided over and allowed to go to hell. Its more like that.

11. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    It's Kinda Ironic.You wear the uniform and are anti 2A.Your Candidate sure is.Before you blow a fuse check his voting record.McCains' aint much better but lets see your take.'08.

12. SigPro2022

SigPro2022

May 15, 2007
    Oregon
    So let me get this straight. No one who supports McCain can believe or understand your candidates stance or views? That is so elitist. Anyone who supports McCain just doesn't understand, is that it? I guess it's your job to set us all straight, and make sure we support the mighty O? :upeyes: A vote for Obama is a vote against your 2nd Amendment rights, no matter how you try and justify his views.

13. rwschill

rwschill

Jan 10, 2005
    Henderson, Nevada
    I think it will be a close race but he has a good chance and will do a fine job.

14. meshmdz

meshmdz OBAMA 2012

Mar 12, 2006
    Fort Knox, KY
    Sig, I am not trying to set anyone straight. All I am saying is that McCain's plans do not make sense economically. He wants to cut taxes by cutting port barrel spending when port barrel spending cuts completely wouldnt be able to fund the tax cuts he is talking about. Every person that I see on here that has been a "mccain gun owner/supporter" never says ANYTHING about anything other than the fact that he is better than Obama on ONE issue. I dont care if you vote for Obama or not. I just believe that it is ignorant to vote for a candidate based on 1 issue... and some of the comments like "we better be armed when nov. 5th rolls around" are just laughable.

kirg - what is ironic about being in the military and voting for someone who recognizes a war based on lies from the start of it?

15. mesteve2

mesteve2

Mar 2, 2001
    USA
    He is a good reader, Great lier, and really STIPID!

:wavey::wavey::wavey:

To are GUNS! :wavey:

16. cookekdjr

cookekdjr

Jan 6, 2006
    Georgia
    Yeah, I guess I should be nicer about it with folks who obviously don't know any better. But its so infuriating to keep hearing the same talking point lies repeated over and over and over. When we point out the lies, they say well, Obama lies, too.
    But my point about the voting present thing (still haven't heard anybody making this charge respond) is that the people who wrote that talking point for less-informed people to spread (like our friends here at GT) know there is no such thing as voting present in the US Senate. But they say it over and over and then get people here at GT to echo it.
    Bottom line is, almost every single crack against Obama at GT is a lie. The ONLY real factual point they have on him is his stance on 2nd Am. That's it.
    Obviously I disagree with Obama on that, but its not even a priority of his, and enough of his support comes from gun owners that I just can't see him making a wedge issue liks guns a priority. It would be politically stupid to do that, and he has demonstrated he's not politically stupid.

17. farnhamj

farnhamj NY CCW

Sep 1, 2008
    1. Robert Byrd
    2. Ted Kennedy
    3. Joe Biden

Probably not the best two people to be on a list with...imho

18. farnhamj

farnhamj NY CCW

Sep 1, 2008
    You just said that "It is common practice" to vote present, yet they don't vote present... so did he not show up or just not vote? I don't understand. Please Clarify. Thanks.:dunno:

19. farnhamj

farnhamj NY CCW

Sep 1, 2008
    I am assuming you are military in backround from your pic, and I am amazed that you can back someone who says that your fighting and courage and putting yourself on the line along with everyone else in the military. I don't know if you are in Iraq or were or whatever, but backing someone who says this war was a mistake would make me upset. He is basically saying that all you do and all you live for and believe is a mistake. Doesn't sound like anyone I would like in the white house.