close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Do you know Rey(naldo) Abad?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by deadday, May 21, 2008.

1. deadday

deadday

Aug 14, 2007
    Texas
    I know there is slim to no chance of this, but when I was living in Houston, I worked as a Range Safety Officer with a man named Rey Abad. He was from the Phillipines, and returned often to shoot IPPSC matches there, as well as other places around the world. I'm pretty sure he was a Grand Master level competitor. As I said, I know it is highly unlikely, but I'm sure there are a few of you guys out there that shoot competitions, so there is a chance I suppose that he may be known to some of you. I'm trying to get in touch with Rey but I don't have a current phone number for him..

thanks for any help guys!
    drew

2. I think he's here in Cebu City now. I heard he's supposed to teach some classes over at our range this weekend. He regularly shoots at matches here in the Philippines. I don't know how to contact him but if I see him at the range I'll ask.

BTW check out the first page of the Pictures Thread 08 in this forum. I posted a picture of him.

You may contact this fellow, who's a columnist in our local paper and who announced yesterday Rey Abad's classes: knrama@gmail.com

3. deadday

deadday

Aug 14, 2007
    Texas
    Allegra, I worked with him in 2003-4 at American Shooting Centers....CatsMeow thank you very much for the info! I'm glad I posted this...didn't really think I had much of chance, but as we are reminded daily, it is a small world...

drew

4. deadday

deadday

Aug 14, 2007
    Texas
    I found the picture, yes sir, that is definately the Rey I know!! I'll be damned...If you happen to see him at the range, would you mind passing on my contact information to him? I would really appreciate it!

drew

5. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    You could also probably try to convince him to join BOG. :)

6. deadday

deadday

Aug 14, 2007
    Texas
    He used to be more of an XD guy :whistling: He may have seen the light since then though...

drew

7. Finally got hold of Rey Abad. Fancy that, his office is about 200 meters away from mine. And yes, he has a Glock.:supergrin: