Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Do You Know of Trained Professionals That Carry C3

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Jake Starr, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake Starr

Jake Starr

Jul 30, 2005
    Louisville, KY
    And you?

Since I am one of the last remaining advocates(I think) on GT for the Israeli Method I thought I would keep the discussion open. How many of you know someone who you would consider "professional" that carries C3?

I know of at least a close friend and the other a close acquaintance. One is newly retired Navy, 22 yrs and a SEAL. The other is an active duty Ranger Scout/Sniper, Small Arms instructor with a Bronze Star.

Both carry C3.

Comments, criticisms or complaints are welcomed.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  2. unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    I'm not an advocate for any particular carry condition as that's an individual decision, but like you I currently prefer to carry C3. I'm not LEO, military, or firearms professional; just a civilian.

3. Glenn E. Meyer

Glenn E. Meyer

Feb 27, 2000
    Being a civilian - I have attended the NTI and Polite Society several times. Quite a few professionals - never saw it there.
  4. Jake Starr

Jake Starr

Jul 30, 2005
    Louisville, KY
    All I am trying to say is that there are those who are well trained and US based that carry Israeli. May not be the majority but they are out there. I am one.

From my syllabus...

5. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

Jun 29, 2001
    New Mexico
    Take one of ShivWorks/Southnarc ECQC classes and see how well your carry method works in full contact close quarters force on force.

I've been around dozens of nationally recognized, full time professional instructors, none of them carry or advocate condition 3.
    The only people I see advocating it are internet unknowns.
  6. Jake Starr

Jake Starr

Jul 30, 2005
    Louisville, KY
    Perhaps you need to get out a bit more than you do. :upeyes:

Besides at the distances in the vid...condition of carry is irrelevant. If your attackers are that close you situational awareness is lacking plus everyone needs open hand skills. If you can touch it you can take it. I would not be going for my gun in this case, since it is too late. Better to be attacking my attacker with my hands.
  7. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

Jun 29, 2001
    New Mexico
    I'll put my training resume and experience up against yours any day of the week.
    I'll amend my post to "internet unknowns and incompetent quacks" if it'll make you feel better about yourself.
  8. cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    Carry whatever/however you like but the fact remains that the vast, VAST majority of professional's don't carry that way. It is what it is.
  9. MikeLadner

MikeLadner DILLIGAFF?

Jul 4, 2001
    South Mississippi
    I don't know anyone that carries that way.
  10. Lampshade

May 11, 2010
    I concur, they definitely are not the majority, they are, in fact, an extreme minority.
  11. SpringerTGO

Jul 30, 2011
    Another "back door approach" to bringing up the same topic. "I know an expert who carries this way, so it must be right". Kind of like "my big brother can beat your big brother up".

Since I don't read about civilians shooting themselves very often by carrying condition one, and I don't hear of civilians getting killed because they can't chamber a round fast enough, I don't see why you keep trying to force a non issue.

How about if people carry how in a manner in which they feel most comfortable, and you stop trying to prove them wrong?
  12. captdreifus

captdreifus aSun666

Jul 24, 2008
    Tempe, Arizona
    Never met one instructor myself.
  13. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    The only advantage I see is in preplanning for having your gun taken from, and used, against you as you reference in your syllabus.

Other than that, rapid accurate shooting, planning on need for more than one shot, etc... can be accomplished without having to draw and chamber a round. :dunno:
  14. svtpwnz

Nov 19, 2010
    I only know of one friend who carries c3 and he just started carrying a couple months ago. He also has zero training and is not military or leo. Myself, I ALWAYS carry with one in the pipe because in a true SHF situation, I may have to use one hand to hold back an attacker as I draw my weapon.
  15. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

Jan 25, 2008
    Clarksville, Tn.
    Go with what makes you happy. I, myself, do not think it is a good method.
    Never knew anyone who would carry this way unless they had to.
  16. Jake Starr

Jake Starr

Jul 30, 2005
    Louisville, KY
    Fair enough. Not questioning your creds, or trying to get into a ping contest...just saying that there are more who carry C3 than most would realize. Especially if you consider international market.

However I would not consider members of the IDF Duvdevan Unit as "internet unknowns or incompetent quacks."

Just saying.
  17. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Dec 28, 2006
    Green Country
    I have gotten out a bit, in fact I've been all around the world a bit.

Retired from the military, was a k-9 handling MP, an MP investigator, and a civilian liaison to the MPs for training. After retirement I was a civilian police officer until I retired again from them. Taken many different types of weapons training courses, some from the military and include from the FBI, from civilian agencies.

I have never met, known of, or heard of one single person who has ever chosen to carry in that manner, whether it was while I was in the military or in civilian work. Although, I have heard many a person state why they would never ever choose to carry in C3.

Not commenting on how anyone desires to carry their weapon, that is up to them IMO. Just stating my experiences on the subject. Just as an FYI, I carry with one in the tube every single time. Wouldn't think of doing it any other way. But that's just my choice mind you.
  18. captdreifus

captdreifus aSun666

Jul 24, 2008
    Tempe, Arizona
    What is the point of this discussion? Yes, there is a small small population that carries c3. So what? Carry how you see fit.
  19. Batesmotel

Apr 5, 2007
    I know a civilian who is armed security at a industrial complex. (military contractor)

He is required to cary condition 3. A ND could be bad, very bad.
  20. owl6roll

Sep 9, 2004
    Never trained that way. I fight the same way I train. If you can't fight from where you're sitting right now, what good are you? Yes, I know you may be at home, but my point is this, be ready when the wolf gomes knocking. It's just my way and everyone has their own way of doing things.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.