close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do you drive with your parking lights on at dusk?

Discussion in 'The Furball Forum' started by certifiedfunds, Nov 30, 2012.

1. TBO

TBO
    Expand Collapse
    Why so serious?
    CLM
    1. The Outpost Lounge

You shouldn't be concerned about that, integrity would be a far higher hurdle.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. tous

tous
    Expand Collapse
    GET A ROPE!

Ah, you both make the common inferential error of assuming that 'troll' implies 'idiot.' I suggest, and there is much supporting evidence in the landmark work of Ren Galloshnick, Ph.D. at the University of Helsinki, that because the troll was so easily confuzzled by not one, not two, but three goats as chronicled in the fable 'Three Billy Goats Gruff' is the major effector of this misconception.

Of course, the troll in the Norwegian fable was --- an actual troll and the troll under discussion is an interwebz troll, not to be confused with one that trolls for fish or one that trolls for hot babes at a NASCAR event.

Galloshnick postulated that the usual interwebz troll, far from being an idiot, is actually a new classification of savant. Though not recognized as such by the mental health profession, one need not be a genius to understand that the ability to vex, annoy and irritate so many with so little effort must, by nature, require greater than average cognition and, again as noted by Gollashnick, a powerful, likely compulsive, motivation to be publically recognized as such.

:supergrin:

3. TBO

TBO
    Expand Collapse
    Why so serious?
    CLM
    1. The Outpost Lounge

A mad genius is a genius none the less. :tbo:

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2

4. tous

tous
    Expand Collapse
    GET A ROPE!

Without mad genuises, super heroes would have to get a day job.

5. TBO

TBO
    Expand Collapse
    Why so serious?
    CLM
    1. The Outpost Lounge

Nah, they could make up 1 online.

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2

6. CanMan

CanMan
    Expand Collapse
    Silver Member

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.37.020

Best answer I could come up with & it still seems ambiguous

7. Micad

Micad
    Expand Collapse

Tous, that was brilliant!:rofl:

8. DanaT

DanaT
    Expand Collapse
    Pharaoh

But he didn't even use the word disingenuous. How could it be brilliant?

9. stuckinjersey

stuckinjersey
    Expand Collapse

I'm guessing people do that so they're visible to other drivers. I ride a motorcycle and I know how important it is to be visible to other cars on the road, especially at dusk. I do everything I can to make myself visible to all of the drivers out there who insist on texting, talking on their phones, or just driving with their head in a place where the sun doesn't shine so I don't end up as a hood ornament.

10. Bruce M

Bruce M
    Expand Collapse

I believe that if one examines a vehicle carefully that is using the yellow/amber front lights as daytime running lights that usually they are the brighter turn signal part of the lamp rather than the dimmer parking/marker part of the lamp. Some may have separate lamps for each function but my guess is that mostly it is one bulb with two filaments. My further guess is that in the next decade or so LEDs will replace about all of the incandescant lamps in vehicles, including some headlights.

And I also have to guess if a certain purloined tablet thread were still rolling along, I would not notice I am post 270 in this and would not be looking around on my desk for something to kill myself with after reading what I just wrote...

11. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior
    Expand Collapse
    Am Yisrael Chai
    CLM

Do golf carts have running lights too?

12. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds
    Expand Collapse
    Tewwowist

You can get them fully street legal

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. WilliamDahl

WilliamDahl
    Expand Collapse

And like everything else in this thread, it depends upon where you are located...

14. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior
    Expand Collapse
    Am Yisrael Chai
    CLM

But once street legal they are no longer golf carts, so I guess that's a no?

15. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds
    Expand Collapse
    Tewwowist

Depends on if you have clubs on the back.

Since its a golf cart you can have a beer in the cup holder and the cops can't do squat. That's a big advantage.

16. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior
    Expand Collapse
    Am Yisrael Chai
    CLM

Not around here. If it's street legal, it has a sticker in it proclaiming that it's a vehicle and not a golf cart.

I guess that's a reason for you to stay Louisiana and not come to Florida. Well that, and the fact that Louisiana's water moccasins are so much smaller than Florida water moccasins. You know, better to be safe and stay there.

17. WilliamDahl

WilliamDahl
    Expand Collapse

And that is going to depend upon the jurisdiction... There have been people arrested for DWI while operating a riding lawn mower along a road.

Which makes one wonder if there is some jurisdiction somewhere where the jackbooted thugs will try to arrest you for mowing your own yard on a riding mower while you are drinking a beer. Maybe I shouldn't mention it... It's give the revenue hounds an idea... :(

I always liked the way that Louisiana used to address DWI. It was a very Darwinistic approach -- dark curvy country roads, no center or edge stripes (much less reflectors), bordered by lots of pine trees. Either you learned to not drink and drive, you learned to do it well, or you wrapped yourself around a pine tree.

I loved the drive through frozen daiquiri shops... They would leave a bit of the paper wrapper on the top of the straw as they gave you the drink so that it technically wasn't an "open container". Of course, the styrofoam cups did not have any sort of identifying label on them, so they looked just like what you would buy a soft drink in. Great state...

#277 WilliamDahl, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  18. WilliamDahl

WilliamDahl
    Expand Collapse

But the Louisiana cypress swamps are a lot nicer looking than the Florida swamps (i.e. Everglades).

Louisiana:
    [​IMG]

Florida:
    [​IMG]

19. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior
    Expand Collapse
    Am Yisrael Chai
    CLM

You have obviously decided forehand that one State is "pertier" than another State, and then chose to utilize post card type photos from one era, in a certain State, against post cards from another era, in yet another different State.

In my humble, non-bigoted, unbiased, and unprejudiced view, your skewed opinion is not worthy of my consideration at this time.

#279 Peace Warrior, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  20. WilliamDahl

WilliamDahl
    Expand Collapse

You're wrong... I'm just saying that Louisiana swamps are nicer than Florida swamps...

Now, as a diver, I definitely prefer Florida since it's nice to actually be able to *see* what you are diving in... In Louisiana, you're lucky to be able to even see the mask in front of your face... The northern Florida "swamps" are not as nice as Louisiana, but they do have the advantage that you can see the gators *before* they chomp down on you instead of *afterwards*... Even the tanic water in the northern Florida "swamps" is magnitudes better than any Louisiana swamp with respect to visibility.