Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Do you carry with a laser?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by GlocknSpiehl, Jul 12, 2013.

1. GlocknSpiehl

GlocknSpiehl NRA Life Member Silver Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Miami, FL
    I know a lot of people have their home/bed-side gun with a laser, but how many people carry a pistol with a laser? It can be any kind: guide rod, built in like Ruger, etc.

I'm just curious because I'm sighting in a laser on a possible carry gun and was wondering if anyone carried with one.
  2. Diesel_Bomber

Oct 25, 2008
    Yup. Crimson Trace lasergrip , made locally, on a G26. One more tool in the SD toolbox should I (God forbid) need it. Greatly effective in training and putting the gun on target in a hurry.

Also a decent intimidation factor. That red dot on a punk's torso/CM is the visual version of the shotgun slide being pumped. Juvenile? Maybe. I'm completely in favor of anything that reduces the odds that I'll have to pull the trigger.

3. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Aug 20, 2010
    Out On The Tiles
    I have Crimson Trace grips on my J-Frame 442. It's definitely worthwhile on it.
  4. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Silver Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Have the Lasermax on my LCP, but my other carry guns, G27 & PF9, don't have a laser.
  5. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

Jul 18, 2007
    I run a veridian green laser C5L on a Glock 19 in a raven iwb holster. Has a very bright light that strobes and the green laser is SUPER bright at night. It also turns itself on whe taken out of the holster. I put a magnet in the holster. That shuts it off when put in the holster/turns it on when drawn.

How cool is that???
  6. manonmars

manonmars Spaced Out

Jul 27, 2002
    The Great Cosmos
    I've started carrying a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry, after carrying a G-26/30 for years.

I like the laser a lot, it Seems" to be easier to get on target quicker, and have a better peripheral site picture.

Probably get one for one or more of my Glocks.....definitely will go green.
  7. burket

Jan 2, 2011
    Like others have said, I use a Crimson Trace laser on my carry G17, with a Cross Breed Super Tuck IWB holster. And, as others have said, I like the laser in practice, also. Shows me I need to practice trigger control more!
  8. Ryobi

Ryobi SummertimeRules

May 10, 2002
    No. But for a revolver or for those with limited training or near sight, they can be nice.
  9. GlocknSpiehl

GlocknSpiehl NRA Life Member Silver Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Miami, FL
    That is way cool! :wow:
  10. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Feb 15, 2010
    Tampa, Fl.
    Nah. My guns all came with front sights installed from the factory, albeit in the case of my P3AT and LCP, the front sights leave a bit to be desired.
  11. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    I've tried them and I don't like them. They do offer several advantages though. Personally, I don't carry one on any of my guns and for that matter, I don't even own one anymore.
  12. pineappleshooter

Jul 7, 2011
    S.E. Pa
  13. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 Glock 40 cal.

Nov 28, 2011
    Northeast Ohio
    My "shorts carry" Bodyguard 380 came with one, played with it a few times at the range- was totally surprised how "dead on" it is out of the box at 15 feet. In a "confrontation" I cant say I would even think of activating it to be honest.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013