close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Do You Carry While At Home?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by JeffS, Nov 24, 2011.

1. JeffS

JeffS

Feb 17, 2011
    Just curious, how many of you actually carry your firearm when you are in your home? Eventhough I live in a quiet suburban neighborhood, I still always want to be prepared g-d forbid something ever happens. Am I unusual or do others do the same?

2. Myke_Hart

Myke_Hart Handloader

Dec 5, 2007
    Mount Eden, KY
    Yep, always have my pocket gun on me... Except when naked! :supergrin:

3. smitty704

smitty704

Aug 18, 2011
    NC
    yes. I always carry at home, and it is usually me G19 in a supertuck.

4. As a rule I remove my CCW when I get home. But then again, my family is pretty security consciencious and always lock the doors behind us after entering. Also, I have a couple of pre-positioned handguns around the house near where we usually hang out during non-sleeping hours.

I should also really get a dog.

5. pilsbury

pilsbury

Apr 23, 2010
    Gotham City
    I dont carry on me, but I do keep a pistol on the coffee table right next to my recliner.

6. dudel

dudel

Dec 10, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    No, but we do lock the doors and have several secured in strategic locations in the house.

7. BK63

BK63

Sep 15, 2005
    CT
    House is small, doors are always always locked even though it's a quiet area. Have several hidden pistol safes around. I can always get to something quickly and have motion detectors on the property. I always know if somebody approaches the house. Not paranoid, just careful.

8. R3508

R3508 Curmudgeon

Dec 9, 2005
    State of Jefferson USA
    Its OK to spell out "God"..... :winkie:
    The most secure place for ANY loaded firearm is on your person. Except a safe, you know....
    In our area there are occasionally, home invasion robberies, we have just shown, among the nation, the highest increase in crime rate per capita, there are also more CCW per capita than the balance of the state...
    Thank God for dogs and GLOCKS!

9. VanguardMP

VanguardMP

Nov 21, 2006
    Texas
    Always. You never know when or where you may need it.

VMP

10. Jon_R

Jon_R

May 3, 2009
    Central Florida
    Usually on me or sitting on a side table or on the ground next to me. I see no reason not to do that. It is easier to take it off and put it in a holster on the side table then open the safe just to open it back up when I leave the house.

11. wuvmyglock

wuvmyglock

May 20, 2010
    Always with me... Hard to protect the family with the G21 in the other room..

12. wuvmyglock

wuvmyglock

May 20, 2010
    You forgot to mention SMART as well..

13. rons23/40ohyeah

rons23/40ohyeah

Nov 23, 2011
    I haves always kept a long rifle 22 fully loaded in the kitchen closet. I will be keeping the Glock 40 in another room which will be even easier to get to.:whistling:

14. Misty02

Misty02

Aug 25, 2008
    Florida
    I do. Then again we have a 12 year old at home, what is not on us is locked up. Others at home may carry if they’re still dress from going out, but it is not a constant. Carrying while at home ensures there is always a firearm handy wherever I am.

Due to the continuous in and out during the day, we don’t turn on the alarm. The doors are locked though.

15. txgunguy

txgunguy

Dec 14, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    Same here.

16. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA

Ditto! Same here. Plus I have a dog that hears a fly fart!

17. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    I carry my normal CCW in the house. I get dressed when I wake up and dont do the pajamas thing inside the house.

I also keep the pump shotgun in the bedroom and a P220 with a TLR-1 attached and a few spare loaded mags in the nightstand.

Call me paranoid, but we have a burglary problem in my city.

18. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
  19. Teej

Teej

Oct 16, 2008
    After having a woman with two men try to walk in my BACK door 5 Christmas Eve's ago, YES I do now........... {my German Shepherd kept them out}

[and I live in the country where people try to say nothing bad ever happens]

20. MLittle

MLittle

Jun 24, 2010
    Always, except when I'm in the shower or in bed. Even then, my pistol is within easy reach. Sometimes, bad things happen when we least expect it. I live in a nice neighborhood too, but bad things happen to good people..... Always be prepared...