Do you carry to social events like dinner with friends, family?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by IndianaMatt, Sep 29, 2012.

1. BamaBud

BamaBud NRA Life Member

Yes. Everywhere, every time.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Shootinbil

Millennium Member

I carry all the time a beretta nano in 9mm.

3. All the time church, stores, eating I can in the plant I work but don't. I have it on 98% of the time!
  4. I've carried at my wedding.

(And at every other wedding I've attended.)
  5. If I'm wearing pants.....

I too carried at my friend's wedding. I was dressed up, so I carried a Colt Detective Special.
  6. Yea, was funny when my dad saw me putting the guns up to go swimming. He asked how many guns I needed to make the 2 mile trip from my house to his. Said never know but I hope I had enought.
    Only time they don't go is if we are going to be drinking, but I usually do that at home.
  7. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

(If they don't like my guns then they won't like me, either.) :supergrin:
  8. Bruce M

If going out yes. I wouldn't go to someone's home socially where I felt I needed to carry a gun.
  9. Thx-1138

Thx-1138 NRA Member

Only on days of the week that end in 'Y'.
  10. Thx-1138

Thx-1138 NRA Member

I carried at my own wedding wearing a tuxedo. Surprising how well a G17 can conceal under a jacket.
  11. I carry everywhere it is legal.

Crime knows no boundaries.
  12. janice6

Platinum Member

You bet! So do many of my family members. All the time, always.
  13. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak KO Windows

14. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Yes. Gun is no good sitting at home alone.
  15. jpa

If you voluntarily go places you think you will need your gun, you need to rethink where you go. Carrying a gun is a precaution against the unpredictable. I try to practice the 4 stupids rule when I decide where I'm going. (Don't go stupid places at stupid times to do stupid things with stupid people) But I always carry unless prohibited by law.

Agreed. If I knew when and where crime was going to occur and I would need to use my gun to defend myself, I wouldn't go there and I'd make a whole lot of money as a consultant for the police department... :)
  16. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Returning video

Yes, sir!
  17. FireForged

FireForged Millenium #3936
    Millennium Member

I do not carry a firearm into other peoples homes, on park rides or in church. Other than that, I usually do.
  18. Bruce M

I have been going to places where it wasn't even a question of whether I might need a gun but that a gun was going to be in my hand(s) as I get out of the car for more than three decades now.

I agree that if it is not mandated one should not go to places where one thinks one might need a gun. In a social setting or for that matter if I elect to go out somewhere for dinner by myself, I have no complete control over who else may enter a business after I am there. However there is a substantial difference in the potential quality of people one may run into in places to which the public is invited and in private homes with people who choose their friends wisely.
    #39 Bruce M, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  19. i had a G23 at 4 o'clock iwb and a LCP in my front right pocket during my wedding (wife wanted to have the wedding in downtown houston) :supergrin:
    #40 Tx-SIG229, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012