close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do you believe in the "magic bullet theory"

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by IndyGunFreak, May 2, 2013.

1. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

So I was bored, and was watching "JFK" (a movie I've always enjoyed)...

While I don't agree w/ everything in the movie, and I don't even think they portrayed the "magic bullet" accurately. I still think the "single bullet" theory is absolutely ridiculous and there was more than 1 shooter out there (thus, a conspiracy)

Thoughts?

IGF

2. faceplant

faceplant

Why do you think it is ridiculous that a bullet can pass through two humans?

3. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

can't find, but watch penn and teller on it.

They did a great job on explaining why his head flew back, and the position JFK was sitting in, which no conspiracy theorist seems to mention.

4. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

My thoughts:

This is GT...
    There are no conspiracies.. Ever. Anywhere.

If you believe in even the mere possibility of any conspiracy anywhere, on any scale, from the White House to your local PTA, then you are a paranoid nut who wears hats and underwear made of aluminum foil and you probably live in your parents' basement.

It has been carefully explained here many times that there are no secrets anywhere within the government, ever, anywhere, as proven by the fact that Bill Clinton was caught with his pants down in collusion with a certain White House intern.

Everything is exactly as it seems.
    Move along, go about your business... nothing to see here..

(notice, I'm speaking in general, not pertaining specifically to the assassination of JFK, about which I have no opinion :supergrin: )

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  5. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

Weird. I see/hear more conspiracy theories here than anywhere in real life.

[​IMG]

6. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I don't think it's ridiculous that a bullet can pass through two people. If you watch the Zapruder film closely, you see that when Kennedy is holding hi neck (which is supposedly the magic bullet)... Connelly has clearly not been hit. That is one aspect of the film I agree with.

IGF

7. OctoberRust

NO! it couldn't have happened like that!

All the conspiracy nuts tell me people sit up straight and looking forward ONLY 100% of the time when they're in vehicles..... It was the magic boolet I tell you!

8. OctoberRust

How can you tell if he had not been hit? You should know different people react differently to GSWs

9. Brucev

Brucev

Bullets do odd things after leaving the muzzle and hitting a target. The track of a bullet can often be very surprising. The MBT is lauded by conspiracy theorists who for various reasons are unable to accept the idea that Oswald fired three shots killing JFK and wounding Connally. Their arguments are not persuasive.

10. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

I believe JFK was shot.
    I believe Oswald shot him.
    I believe the rest is up to the law enforcement agencies and all the other hot air and gum flapping about it is about as relevant as the price of tea in China.

11. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

There was no "magic" bullet. When all factors are taken into account the bullet merely followed the laws of physics. As all bullets do.

Edit to add:

At one time I tried to believe in a multiple shooter conspiracy the more I learned the more it became obvious Lee Harvey Oswald was the single shooter firing from the sixth floor of the Book Depository. You can still try and create a conspiracy to put him in that place, at that time, to commit the act he did but there's little room to dispute what he did. I still have UFOs and Bigfoot though.

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  12. kiole

kiole

The magic bullet wasn't very magic when you take into account the seating arrangements. The jump seat in front of JFK was slightly inward and lower then the position JFK was at. Then also connally was sitting twisted in order to look out the door.

The problem is the magic bullet theorist don't take into account the actual jump seat location which makes the magic bullet in actuality act like a normal bullet.

I was convinced it was a conspiracy until I actually got into firearms and realized it wasnt a difficult shot. Also Natgeo reconstructed the shooting and replicated it almost exactly with the same rifle and ammo Oswald used.

Could there have been more people involved? Absolutely. Was the shot which hit JFK and Connally impossible? No, not when you take into account the actual seating locations.

13. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

I am of the opinion that there was more than one shooter.

I am also of the opinion that the 'magic bullet' was placed where it was found.
    There is NO 'magic bullet'. "Ain't no magic to it."

Also, I was just a kid (9 years old) when President Kennedy was killed.

Also, I am of the opinion that J. Edgar Hoover knew what was happening BEFORE it happened.

14. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

The very best way to carry out secret conspiracies and keep the details secret is to get several hundreds or thousands of people involved. This is true whether you wish to plant millions of microspheres in the WTC buildings, fake a moon landing, have space aliens do anal probes or kill a sitting President.

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  15. OctoberRust

Do you have any facts to back up this opinion?

16. OctoberRust

:rofl::rofl: Exactly.

Something the conspiracy theorists will never understand.... 2 people have a hard time keeping a secret, but 10, 20, or even hundreds or people!? :shocked:

17. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

I just get a kick out of anyone who thinks the Fed Gov can keep a secret of any sort for more than a day or two. Holy cow, people would be tripping all over themselves to get on 60 minutes to talk about corruption if most of the conspiracies actually happened.

18. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Does your employer pay for your work clothes???? :rofl:

Yup. Although the odd thing about this one, and the Boston bombing, and others - is the coincidence of capture. Why did Oswald kill the police officer 45 min later? And then caught in a theater acting "suspiciously." How did we ever find these two Chechens based on some bizarre 7/11 footage??? Why did they shoot at police, kill and maim spectators but let the SUV driver live????

Strange stuff indeed. Not a conspiracy, but the coincidence of capture is fascinating to me.

19. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

???

20. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Reference to Dana stating uniform codes and people boxing him in on LE versus ANY job having a paid-for uniform yesterday. You were very specific not to mention JFK but ALL conspiracies. LOL