close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do They Not Have THERMAL Detection?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by USMCsilver, Aug 18, 2012.

1. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

I just finished "The Hunger Games".

There's one scene right at the beginning when the lead character and her male friend are in a field, and they seem to be hiding from a "ship" of some sort.

It's some super-advanced craft; do they not have thermal detection?

I'm watching "The Matrix Revolutions" now; it's the scene where the robot things are advancing on the hide that's below the ground. People are sneeking around trying to soot rockets at the drill, and there are drones trying to protect the drill. The drones don't seem to see the humans.

Do the drones not have thermal detection?

I'm sure there's many movies where this may be quetioned, but seriously -- it's the future and a superior force. I would think they'd have figured it out...

2. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Future humans are too cool?

3. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

Realistic movies about future rebellions would be short and boring.

The main character walks down the street. A drone whacks him with a missile. Credits.

4. WarCry

WarCry

The answer is simple....

The ship wasn't looking for them. It was a transport setting up for the Tribute selection. They weren't expecting anyone to be outside the fence, and so they weren't looking. Hiding from the ship was simply to keep from being accidentally spotted, that's all.

Don't make the plot more complex than it is. This is an Occam's Razor situation: They didn't find them because they weren't trying to.

5. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Ahh, didn't put that together. Didn't realize that she and that other kid were at the future site of the initial game.

Decent movie, but not worth all the hype.

6. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

The movie was a pale shadow of the book. I just finished the last of the trillogy. Was a bit disappointed in the ending.

7. WarCry

WarCry

No, at the beginning they were just out in the woods outside of their own colony/district. The airship was coming in to set up the stage and stuff for the Reaping, the lottery-style drawing for tributes.

In the books, they were banned from having anything the Capital didn't give them, so they went out hunting and stuff where they weren't allowed to be. THAT'S where they were, not at the location of the Games themselves.

8. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

Congrats you just read a tween novel. Now you want to know why it doesn't make sense.

9. *ASH*

*ASH* in hell everyone loves popcorn

even thou filmed here in NC , this movie sucked . and badly . im still waiting for someone to tell me why its so hyped :dunno::dunno:

10. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Ya either get it or you don't. But it is better than watching Vampires that sparkle and a girl that stands in the rain.......hell she isn't hot enough to have to supernatural races fighting over her.

11. WarCry

WarCry

The Hunger Games books are incredibly well-written, have an excellent story, and it doesn't wrap up with a too-good-to-be-true happy ending. I've never read - and won't read - the Twilight books, but I was badgered into reading the Hunger Games and they were better - far, FAR better - than I ever expected them to be.

I think a lot of GT's movie-goers seem to hate anything that's not something like Convoy or Smokey & the Bandit. Anything more complex seems to leave them scratching their heads and grumbling that it was stupid and didn't make sense.

That, or the opposite who swear they never watch anything but high-brow, Orson Welles*-level art-picture films and anything less than that is just tripe that no one in their right mind would ever watch.

The Hunger Games is a well-made, gorgeously-shot, incredibly-acted movie. It has a plot that's not overwhelmed by a teeny-bopper love story (yes, there are some notes of a romance in it, but it's not a lot, and it's not swamped by it), and it has a lot of emotional punch unless you're "too manly" to admit it. In which case, I just feel bad for your narrow-minded view of movies.

*for those who think everything needs to be Citizen Kane, it's worth noting, I think, that Orson Welles's last acting role was as a voice in 1986's "Transformers: The Movie" as a planet-eating robot. Even Welles knew the value of entertainment just for entertainment's sake.

12. Gallium

Gallium CLM

I saw a piece of the Hunger Games recently - I was on a flight, and there it was on the tube.

My goodness. What a piece of rotting tripe! The disconnect between the low water mark of the film versus the hype of the promotion of its release underscores to me my advancing age, if not advancing mind.

I was able to watch a total of about 7 minutes before I got tired of it. It was about 20 minutes after that I realized what I had seen.

13. g29andy

g29andy CLM

I won't link to the youtube Honest Trailers Hunger Games video b/c of language, but it's kinda funny. They can conjure up monster attack dogs, but not food for the poor, ha!

14. njl

njl

In the first Matrix movie, in the first scene, a bunch of cops "cock" their Glocks. After that, you expect them to get technology stuff right? Just watch and enjoy the effects...and think about the bigger issues...not the mundane details.

15. WarCry

WarCry

Ahh, but that's actually the point..

They COULD feed the poor. But NOT feeding them, keeping them in desperate gut-wrenching poverty and beholden to the capital is how they control the masses.

It was never a matter of CAN'T.