close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Do 'the people' get the governments they deserve?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Drjones, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Fantastic article:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/12/do_the_people_get_the_governments_they_deserve.html

2. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Oct 1, 2001
    north of the equator
    Of course they do..
    Sad commentary on the state of society in the U.S., yeah?

3. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

Aug 4, 2005
    fl
    As a whole, yes. But, there are more fools than are implied in that quote. I'd say at least 94% of the voting 'block'. :)

4. walt cowan

walt cowan

Feb 18, 2005
    Absurdistan
    until we change who and how we vote...yes.
    who should be allowed vote;(1) only property owners or those with a net worth of a $ 100,000 or more. (2) natural born citizen of 18 years of age or those who gained citizenship and held it for 18 years. (3) one vote per household only. (4) no convicted felons.
    how should we vote; paper ballet only.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  5. akroguy

akroguy

Dec 26, 2010
    Yeah, THAT. ^^^^^^^^^

If you don't have skin in the game, you DO NOT have a right to determine what you do with MY money.

6. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

Nov 4, 2007
    I would just say that if you receive any form of government assistance (read: welfare programs), you should not be allowed to vote.

7. jeanderson

jeanderson Toga!... Toga! Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Ohio
    The founding fathers of this country gave us the greatest form of government ever known to man - before or since that time. Not sure the people of the time deserved it or not. It was a gift.

Unfortunately, we have become very poor stewards of the great republic they created. And I do believe we deserve what we're about to get.

8. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    I think we get better than we desrerve. We apparently deserve so little.

9. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas

Will you allow women and minorities to vote?
    What about religious people?

It used to be that only rich, white, male landowners could vote.
    Should we go back to that?

10. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    This time the liberals will get the government they deserve. It will be imposed on the Conservatives and Libertarians.

I certainly don't "deserve" BHO, but that's what we all have. But blaming others for the situation is a waste of time. Your time is better spent working on solutions for how to survive and maybe even thrive in what is obviously coming. It's gonna be a wild ride.

11. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    We may deserve the government we have, but we do not deserve Barack Obama. This country deserves better.

Every American should have a say in how this country is governed, and every American should be allowed to vote regardless of their political beliefs or station in life.

The problem is that almost 50% of eligible voters don't vote.
    Guess who they are? Guess which side they're on?

Until they get off their asses and take this country back nothing will change.

It's a damn shame that the freeloaders beat a path to the election polls, but hard working conservative Americans set at home and piss and moan about how bad things are in this country.

You win elections and change governments by making sure that your man gets the most votes.

You lose elections by criticizing and constantly finding fault with your own candidate and saying he's no different than the other guy.

You lose elections by rallying behind a candidate that has absolutely NO chance in hell of getting elected.

You lose elections by refusing to vote until your perfect candidate comes along.

We have to stop losing elections and start winning them.

Until we go vote en masse and start winning elections, we'll never change anything in this country.

12. holesinpaper

holesinpaper

Nov 18, 2009
    They get the gov they are willing to fight for.

13. holesinpaper

holesinpaper

Nov 18, 2009
  14. onebigelf

onebigelf

Aug 28, 2004
    Florida
    Only those who voted for the winners. The rest of us deserved something else, whether better or worse.

John

15. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Oct 1, 2001
    north of the equator
    Our government is the constitution.

The president, members of congress, judges on the supreme court are not the government, they are the current administrators of that government.

If the constitution is indeed our government, is that in fact what we get?

No, because we have for many years allowed and encouraged administrations that ignore the lawful government, the constitution.

We voted them in, then we looked the other way while they spit on the constitution they swore to uphold and defend. That applies to DNC and GOP, in pretty-much equal measure over time.

So, do we deserve it? Damn right we do.

Those who gave their blood at Concord and Lexington are surely not impressed.

16. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    Some of us have the government that we deserve and some of us got hosed.

17. GAFinch

GAFinch

Feb 23, 2009
    Georgia
    My sister, who's working on her master's degree right now, teased me for not knowing what 'Jersey Shore' was last year. A couple days ago she took some online geography quiz for fun and could only identify Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. That's it. We absolutely deserve the government we have now and whatever government that's soon coming. Helpless elderly people deserve it too...there should've been a tax strike/open revolt when Roe v Wade passed forty years ago. Almost every single religion and denomination at the time taught that abortion was evil. There was no ignorance of the subject.

18. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    Some of the Founders also knew this is exactly what would happen.

19. walt cowan

walt cowan

Feb 18, 2005
    Absurdistan

read my post again. says it all. one point i made was, one vote per household. if your wife makes you stay home on election day...sucks to be you.:wavey:

20. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

Bush and Obama ran on completely different platforms. I don't think we got from Bush what we thought he said he would do. Nobody can say Obama isn't doing exactly what he said he would do. That's a big difference.

A majority of our voters actually want Obama to do what he said he would do.