close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

DMPS AR-15 Classic 20-inch barrel

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by iluv2viddyfilms, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Hello.

I just got back from the range firing this 5.56 mm ar-15. I was shooting at a 14-inch plate from 100 yards and hitting it nearly every round using the iron sights. This is the 20-inch Panther Classic DMPS. It has a non-removable carry handle and is plain barebones and naked AR-15, but fun as Hell regardless. Doesn't have the chromed line barrel, but it works without a hiccup.

Anyone else have one of these things? Won't win you any AR-15 beauty pageants, but I love mine. I also have a SW MP15x with the bells and whistles and enjoy shooting the DMPS just as much.

[​IMG]

2. Petrie

Petrie

Nov 26, 2008
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have exact same rifle. I used it to shot at 300 yard silouettes at military rifle shooting contest and did quite well. o I was using just the iron sights and 55 gr bullets. The silhouette above is from 300 yds prone, but I put a cheap scope on it just to see what the rifle was cable of. Very accurate. I've put 500 rounds through mine so far. Had one jam on first mag I ever put though it, been perfect since. Really nice gun.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011

3. sent my dpms 16 lite back to the shop 2 months ago. it was shooting 14" to the right and a foot high. called them a couple of weeks ago and they told me it was raining and they haven't had a chance to shoot it. so much for QC. I'll never buy another dpms.

4. zhix

zhix

Jan 31, 2010
    I wish Colt currently made a non-ban type 20" A2 with the proper size pins. I have been considering an Armalite A2 20" but last time I priced it theyre high priced for what you're getting.

5. Hrmm, what do you mean by proper size pins?

6. At what distances did it shoot that inaccurate? Did you adjust your sights ?

7. Petrie

Petrie

Nov 26, 2008
    From what I understand the pins that connect the upper to the lower are bigger on a Colt so you can't put a different manufactures upper on your colt Lower.

8. zhix

zhix

Jan 31, 2010
    There are adaptors that are supposed to work to swap uppers. From what I understand Colt made the pins larger because they drilled the holes off center, either way I don't like the idea of non-spec pins.