close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

DIY Trigger Reset - Not paper/cardboard

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by M4inCA, Mar 7, 2011.

1. M4inCA

M4inCA pho_kit_all

Dec 24, 2006
    Southern Tip of the PRK
    Does anyone have any info on how to do a trigger reset kit that will actually move the firing pin?

I'm looking for a more realistic trigger reset dry fire for practice.

YES, I'm well aware of the legal and moral implications.

If you have info about this and do not want to post it, you can PM me as well.

1) I do not want a kit that does not actually move and fire the striker
    2) I am not shoving paper in my slide

Been there, done that. Does not feel the same.

Thanks!

2. M4inCA

M4inCA pho_kit_all

Dec 24, 2006
    Southern Tip of the PRK
    Thanks guys, but neither of these two devices actually fire a live round.

Yes, I want the firing pin / striker to engage and fire each time I pull the trigger without racking the slide or putting cardboard in.

3. I don't see how that would be mechanically possible in a Glock, short of a complete redesign of its internals. When the striker is fired, it stops further forward than the trigger bar cruciform can ever reach. The slide must move back to reengage the striker with the trigger bar. :dunno:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  4. eremos

eremos

Aug 17, 2010
    Correct. What the OP describes is simply impossible in a Glock. You're looking for a conventional DA trigger- press, press, press, and it fires the striker every time. This would also give you the coincidental benefit (or perhaps this is what you're actually looking for) of a restrike capability for dud rounds, if you were to use this trigger in live fire.

The Glock trigger mechanism simply doesn't allow for it, for reasons that CitizenOfDreams described. Glock strikers are slightly pre-cocked by the cycling of the slide, in a way that no part of the trigger can duplicate. The reset kits you can order online are simply drop-in trigger groups that ignore the striker, allowing you to keep pulling the trigger without worrying about the position or action of the striker.