close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

DIY polishing feed ramp?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by bertud ng putik, Jul 12, 2005.

1. bertud ng putik

bertud ng putik

Feb 1, 2005
    cavite
    can i do this by my self, polishing the feed ramp? what kind of sand paper should i use? is it the very fine sand paper? paano stroke nito, up and down? not side ways? and is there other things to polish that it can be done by DIY? tnx!

2. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Feb 21, 2002
    Philippines
    Start with 800 then 1000. Finish off with flitz polish.

Stroke it in & out, up & down. ;f

3. gunfool

gunfool

Aug 23, 2004
    makati
    ;z ;z ;z Me up and down pa! Dre kung ako sa 'yo dalhin mo na lang sa gunsmith yan baka magsisi ka lang. Dala ka na rin ng bala na pangsukat. IIRC, binigyan ko lang ng isang kahang Marlboro yung gunsmith nung pina polish ko yung sa akin dati. Yun lang kasi hiningi nyang bayad!;f

4. bosing ha.. nagsisimula kana naman mang demonyo ng tao ha. ;f ;) ;)
    tama si sir gunfool putik, dalhin mo nalang sa gunsmith baka sumablay pa gawa mo. tsaka matigas bakal ng Norinco baka manggigil ka sa tigas baka kanain mo ng dremel, yari yung boga mo.;f ;)

5. Valor1

Valor1 Pro Paingiver

Jul 6, 2003
    Urban areas
    why polish the feed ramp? Are you having problems with your gun? If you do, let the experience of a gunsmith do it for you. The thing here is you just polish, if you are a bit new to the gunmsithing thing, the polishing may become "reshaping." Sayang naman

6. ditto! ;f

7. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Jan 22, 2004
    almost home
    Disagree with using sandpaper.
    Sandpaper can be a little harsh, leaving linear gouges.
    Just use fine steel wool and repetition on DRY steel,
    and you'll get a mirror finish.

The item has to be dry, so that the steel fibres and dust can be easily cleaned up with a magnet.

That said... I'd echo Valor1's question:
    What need for polishing?

hth,
    horge

8. bertud ng putik

bertud ng putik

Feb 1, 2005
    cavite
    ok naman baril ko. i thought kasi part of tune up yung polishing the feed ramp. di ko na lang pagalaw kung ganon. at baka sa pag polish ma reshape pa yung feed ramp ko. tnx valor!