close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Disposing of ammunition

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by GOCANES, Aug 10, 2010.

1. GOCANES

GOCANES

Sep 16, 2009
    I have some old ammo that I would not feel comfortable using( corroded, ect ). Anyone know of where that ammo can be disposed of safely and legally?

2. Merkavaboy

Merkavaboy Code-7A KUZ769

One of the easiest way is to turn it in to your local law enforcement agency for disposal.

3. tx787

tx787

Feb 11, 2010
    My local range takes unwanted ammo for free. Call your local ranges and gun shops, if they don't then I'm sure the police would be happy to "get more ammo off the streets" for you.

4. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    I agree, ask your local ranges/gun stores/law enforcement agency. Somebody should take it off your hands.

5. bfg1971

bfg1971

Apr 19, 2003
    Ewa Beach, HI
    Get a metal trash can.

Start a fire.

Throw ammo into can one round at a time.

Wait for bang.

I'm only partially joking, but the military does burn old ammo. Mythbusters also did an episode where they put a 50 BMG round into a stove and waited for it to cook off. The round did not exit the stove.

6. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta

Pieces of flying casing (brass, steel, aluminum, whatever) are definately a risk to take into consideration.