close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Disparity of force

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by Smooth_squeeze, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Smooth_squeeze

Smooth_squeeze

Jan 17, 2012
    Hello Mas,

A friend mentioned to me that some time ago you had said there is a book written by a law professor that discusses the legal issues involving disparity of force in relation to a potential self-defense situation.

Do you remember the title and author of the book?

Much obliged,

Smooth

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Your friend may be thinking of "Warren on Homicide," the extensive compilation of homicide law that has long been out of print but is generally available in well-stocked legal libraries.

Most of the contemporary literature on disparity of force has been written by practicing attorneys rather than law professors per se. The topic is well addressed in the recent Second Edition of "The Law of Self-Defense" by Massachusetts lawyer Andrew Branca. Kevin Jamison has addressed it very well in one of his articles in Concealed Carry magazine, and I believe it may be covered in his book "Missouri Weapons and Self-Defense Law:Common Law Experience and Missouri Practice," though I'm away from the office and can't verify that today. Both books should be available through Amazon.com.

best,
    Mas