close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Disappointed in some of you.

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Jim S., Jul 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I couldn't imagine why a thread about the RIA 1911 would get locked.
    It only took a minute to find out why.

Some of you are pretty quick to hi-jack a thread and turn it into a personal arguement or name calling contest.

I'm disappointed in the behavior of some of you and this forum does not need or deserve such crap.

A person starting a thread does not deserve to have his thread locked out because you don't have enough common sense to act like adults.

This is a good 1911 forum and it doesn't need to be tarnished by the lack of class I have been seeing lately.

Please stop.

2. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Senior Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Right behind you...

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Seems to be a bit "par for the course" for the last six to eight months.
    I've spent more time over at TOS the last few weeks than here.

It only takes few bad apples...........

4. INJoker

INJoker Simply Charming

Sep 22, 2007
    Indiana
    Jim,

I brought this up a couple of weeks ago and that thread turned into a pissing match by page 3.

That said, it does seem to have gotten a little better, but I wish it would stop too. I have a limited amount of time to surf GT each week and I have just started skipping the locked threads altogether.

That said, my Llama is the sweetest-shooting .45 I have ever held and you would obviously be nuts to spend more than $600 on one... Let alone go the semi-custom route...

:)

Oh... No... I... Just... Dih-uhnt...

:)

5. I wasn't singling any one person out.
    Just a statement for all to think about.

6. GeorgiaRedfish

Jun 29, 2010
    Right behind you...
    I was joking, I haven't got a thread lock:tongueout:

7. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

I am curious to see if any of the warnings the mods have made will have any weight.. Just locking the thread does not really deal with the root of the problem.. Time will tell..

8. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    'Joker,......that Llama is a rather rare pistol these days.
    Rarely even see them at GunShows any more.

Everyone has a different opinion of quality and price.....no one is wrong.

9. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Completely agree Jim. I was at work all day and was thinking the same exact thing. How did a thread get shut down with such a low post count. Then I read it. Disappointing to say the least.

10. You seemed so sincere... :supergrin:

11. INJoker

INJoker Simply Charming

Sep 22, 2007
    Indiana
    I was being facetious... I've never even held one. :cool:

12. GeorgiaRedfish

Jun 29, 2010
    Right behind you...
    That's what my fiance said.:rofl:

13. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy

It's quite simple,......start a pissing match, mods catch it early, & lock it down.

It just goes to show,......mods are keeping an eye on the 1911 sub forum.

14. GeorgiaRedfish

Jun 29, 2010
    Right behind you...
    Good they are so bad, and horrible you would've gotten A.I.D.S. just from picking it up.

:tongueout:

15. Yeah, but what does she say now???

I like having fun here too, but I look forward to new 1911 threads and when they become off track crap and eventually get locked out it is a waste of our time.
    Something I do not have enough of.

16. INJoker

INJoker Simply Charming

Sep 22, 2007
    Indiana
    Someone here... maybe bac (?) has/had one and said that even though they had a very poor reputation, his wasn't too tragic.

The worst 1911 I have ever seen/held/touched was a 9mm Saturday Night Special "1911" and I can't even recall the name of the manufacturer... I believe it was one of those very generic-sounding "American Classic Armament" or "United Arms Incorporated" or "Heritage American Classic" types of companies that haven't existed since the 1970's or 1980's...

That is one instance, for sure, where if aaanyone on here said, "OMG, best 1911 evar for under $200! And way better than a TRP!" I would have to pull a :whistling: and call them out.

I don't doubt for an instance that somebody, somewhere owns a completely badass Taurus or RIA 1911 that is super tight and accurate and has gone 10,000+ rounds without a hiccup. I also don't doubt that there is somebody, somewhere who purchased a Baer that turned out to be a lemon and required a ton of work to run right...

It's just that people have a hard time separating their own experience from the experiences of many others.

My G19 has been the most reliable handgun I've ever owned. My buddy got one that even I couldn't get running right... He now owns an H&K and I don't blame him one bit.

But you also won't catch me saying things like "The G19 is the best handgun ever..." or "All G19s suck, don't waste your money..."

Speaking in absolutes immediately causes a negative reaction from others.

17. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

Jul 10, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    What we have here gentlemen, is a couple bad apples trying to spoil the whole barrel. How is this solved? You eradicate the bad from the good. Maybe the moderators should get involved and prevent a couple of the instigators from being able to post any further. I am sure they have a good idea of who they are. The bashing needs to stop. This was a civil forum until recently. It can be once again. To those of whom we speak, and you know who you are, clean up your act or pack it up and leave. We are tired of your antics.

18. GeorgiaRedfish

Jun 29, 2010
    Right behind you...
    Those are some BIG, girl panties.:rofl:

19. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Couldn't agree more, James. A couple of bans would do this place a world of good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.