close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dinosaurs, Humans, and the Fossil Record

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Kingarthurhk, May 12, 2012.

1. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk
    Expand Collapse
    Isaiah 53:4-9

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWe3cteDuBc&feature=relmfu"]Extraordinary Evidence that Dinosaurs Lived with Man - Dr. Don Patton (The Record of the Rocks) - YouTube[/ame]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. steveksux

steveksux
    Expand Collapse
    Massive Member

3. steveksux

steveksux
    Expand Collapse
    Massive Member

If only those accursed scientists, most of whom are Christians, weren't engaged in a conspiracy to undermine Christianity by misrepresenting science to hide the evidence for biblical creation/flood/cataclysmic theories... this guy would be regarded as the Einstein of our time :rofl:

Randy

#3 steveksux, May 12, 2012
    Last edited: May 12, 2012
  4. Paul7

Paul7
    Expand Collapse
    New Guy

You don't expect evidence to overrule their naturalistic evolutionary religion, do you?

5. steveksux

steveksux
    Expand Collapse
    Massive Member

Of course I do. That's what science does. Happened many times before, and will continue to happen as new evidence emerges. History repeats itself. Evidence has uprooted strongly held beliefs many times since people started looking at evidence and using science.

From Round Earth, to Copernicus, to Galileo, to Newton, to Einstein, to Quantum Physics, to Evolution and the BIg Bang.

All were grounbreaking theories, totally counterintuitive, directly contradicting the previously widely held beliefs. All were accepted regardless of how strange they seemed at the time, because of the weight of evidence that supported them.

You are obviously projecting. It's those of your mindset that cannot change and adapt to new evidence. It's those still believing everything in ancient texts from bronze age writers that can't accept that they weren't attempting to write science textbooks back then.

Science has no trouble adapting to new discoveries. Religions are the ones stuck in place, unable to assimilate new evidence. You are the guys sticking with stone age theories of how things work and ignoring evidence that doesn't fit the Bible, not scientists.

Do you believe in germs? There's nothing in the Bible about germs. Germ theory must be another conspiracy to undermine Christianity, eh? :rofl:

Put into terms you would understand:

If Odin appears and proves he is Lord of the Universe, and created the universe and man, it will be the scientists that admit they were wrong, that there was a supreme being driving the creation process.

Christians will still be denying Odin exists.
    Randy

#5 steveksux, May 12, 2012
  6. steveksux

steveksux
    Expand Collapse
    Massive Member

In a nutshell, that's absolutely nuts.

Its clearly false, and should be patently obvious to anyone.

What do ALL the most famous scientists of all time have in common?

Their discoveries turned conventional wisdom on its head and showed the widely accepted "facts" of the time were in fact incorrect.

Science CELEBRATES the people that prove the conventional wisdom wrong.

People are actively searching for anything that would prove Evolution wrong, along with any other scientific theory out there. The people that debunk theories make quantum leaps in our understanding of the universe and become icons of science.

The people that fill in the blanks of existing theories toil in obscurity, though that is important work as well.

Randy

7. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk
    Expand Collapse

So, before you began your tyrade of mocking, did you actually view the presented material? I suspect not. Also, the material is presented by a Phd in the field. Your credentials would be....?

#7 Kingarthurhk, May 12, 2012
  8. Alizard

Alizard
    Expand Collapse

Don't you know that those tracks are fake? Bigfoot planted them there to trick us.

9. steveksux

steveksux
    Expand Collapse
    Massive Member

Actually I did, its pretty funny stuff. Got anything about the Earth being flat?
    Common sense. Stuff that happened hundreds of millions of years ago were not concurrent with stuff that happened hundreds of thousands of years ago.

But good point. Lets look at his Phd: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/credentials.html
    So except for NOT having a Phd in geologhy, from an institution that is NOT even accredited no less... But he does have a Phd, in EDUCATION... :rofl: How else could he end up believing the 19th century version of geologic history.

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/ask-creationist.htm

You pick one Phd from a non-technical unrelated field that makes claims disproved by thousands of Phd's in dozens of related fields and question how I got to the conclusion that this guy is wrong... :rofl::rofl: Not to mention I don't really need to check the credentials of someone claiming the Earth is flat before commencing the mockery either. But thanks for giving me the nudge to actually go and check his credentials...

So much more mockery is possible as a result!! Anything worth mocking is worth mocking well.

Randy

#9 steveksux, May 12, 2012
  10. eracer

eracer
    Expand Collapse
    Where's my EBT?

God bless you.

(i.e. BE GONE, YE DEMONS EXPELLED!! )

11. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk
    Expand Collapse

In other words, you didn't. So, your contribution to this discussion is nothing. Try looking at the evidence and then come back when you have something to add to the discussion that is actually releveant to the material.

12. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

Try looking at the evidence? Are you kidding? How much evidence have you dismissed, or more likely never seriously considered, that humans and dinos were many millions of years apart? You blow it all off as conspiracy or the work of the devil or whatever insane rationalization you want to put on it and then fault us for not considering your footprint video?

Ask us to start listing the evidence of 65 million years of separation between dinos and humans, I dare you. And then the video posts and article links will start rolling in and you will be expected to watch and read every single one or be told to " Try looking at the evidence and then come back when you have something to add to the discussion that is actually releveant to the material".

Let me start you off with this, http://paleo.cc/paluxy.htm and add that google is a wonderful thing for those that want actual truth instead of just their truth.

#12 Gunhaver, May 12, 2012
  13. steveksux

steveksux
    Expand Collapse
    Massive Member

Actually I did, its pretty funny stuff. Got anything about the Earth being flat?
    Common sense. Stuff that happened hundreds of millions of years ago were not concurrent with stuff that happened hundreds of thousands of years ago.

But good point. Lets look at his Phd: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/credentials.html
    So except for NOT having a Phd in geologhy, from an institution that is NOT even accredited no less... But he does have a Phd, in EDUCATION... :rofl: How else could he end up believing the 19th century version of geologic history.

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/ask-creationist.htm

You pick one Phd from a non-technical unrelated field that makes claims disproved by thousands of Phd's in dozens of related fields and question how I got to the conclusion that this guy is wrong... :rofl::rofl: Not to mention I don't really need to check the credentials of someone claiming the Earth is flat before commencing the mockery either. But thanks for giving me the nudge to actually go and check his credentials...

So much more mockery is possible as a result!! Anything worth mocking is worth mocking well.

Randy

14. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk
    Expand Collapse

There is no mention of the earth being flat. Sorry, but the physical evidence does not support your claim, even though you desperately want it to. Evidence is evidence, and you have yet to address it. I would say you are intellectually challenged and threatened by the substance of the material presented.

So far what this gentlemen has presented is far superior to anything you have put foward in this thread.

15. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk
    Expand Collapse

He we have phsyical evidence that refutes that conclusively. I keep hearing the cry for proof until it is presented, and then comes angery and mockery. I refer back to the concept that Atheism is a religion, as its adherants become very defensive when evidence is put foward that challenges those beliefs.

The physical evidence is here, is it is documented, now the question is how do you either dismiss it, or like a true scientist accept the new evidence and go foward.

16. Paul7

Paul7
    Expand Collapse
    New Guy

So what's your explanation for the co-mingled human and dinosaur footprints?

17. Animal Mother

Animal Mother
    Expand Collapse
    Not Enough Gun

No, we don't, as the link provided makes clear. Not even other creationists accept this "evidence".
    Your standard for evidence appears to be not whether or not it is true but whether or not it agrees with what you believe.

18. steveksux

steveksux
    Expand Collapse
    Massive Member

You're getting closer to the truth, at least you didn't refer to him Dr. gentleman... :rofl: that's progress.

Randy

19. RedNine

RedNine
    Expand Collapse
    AutomatedSystem

I wonder if dinosaur meat tasted good. I bet it did. I bet it tasted real good.