close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Dillon powder measure adjustment

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Beanie-Bean, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Apr 23, 2011
    Central Texas
    Taking a note from the veteran Dillon guys, I was able to locate a 5/16" plastic knob in the nuts/bolts/screws section at Home Depot. I know that the bolt is bigger than than, but the knob screws on snugly and does the job just fine. About $0.98 for a really nice modification.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    Put a dab of white on one wing. You can the keeps records of where it was pointed for your chosen charge. "Dot at 11:30= 4.5 grs."

3. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Aug 4, 2008
    FL
    Have one on two of the three measures. They work great. The third measure is strictly for .223. I don't want any chance of that adjustment moving, thus no wing nut.

BTW, those sure are pretty Dillon dies sitting on that shiny new toolhead. :cool:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  4. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    Nice and easy mod, I'm off to Home Depot.

5. RustyFN

RustyFN

Sep 29, 2006
    West Virginia
    Nice. I have seen that before and went to HD and Lowe's but they don't have them here. They say the store is too small to carry everything. I took a 7/16 X 1/4" drive socket and use that to adjust the powder.

Edit: does anybody have a part number and I will see if they have them on-line.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  6. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
    A lot of the Home Depot stores quit carrying them. Lowe’s never did as far as I can tell. You might try ACE hardware. I would print out a picture and take it with you. A friend of mine is a manager at ACE and he said that they can order just about any part if they do not have it in stock. The best thing that I have found for adjusting the power bar is a 7/16 nut driver. If you have a powder measure that is set up for one charge I would not put it on the nut.

7. RustyFN

RustyFN

Sep 29, 2006
    West Virginia
    Thanks I think that is the case here. The small 7/16 socket works fine and I'll just stay with that for now. I found them on-line and can order them in 3/8 if I want later. I haven't been able to find them in 7/16.