close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dillon powder measure adjustment

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Beanie-Bean, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean
    Expand Collapse

Taking a note from the veteran Dillon guys, I was able to locate a 5/16" plastic knob in the nuts/bolts/screws section at Home Depot. I know that the bolt is bigger than than, but the knob screws on snugly and does the job just fine. About $0.98 for a really nice modification.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel
    Expand Collapse

Put a dab of white on one wing. You can the keeps records of where it was pointed for your chosen charge. "Dot at 11:30= 4.5 grs."

3. PCJim

PCJim
    Expand Collapse

Have one on two of the three measures. They work great. The third measure is strictly for .223. I don't want any chance of that adjustment moving, thus no wing nut.

BTW, those sure are pretty Dillon dies sitting on that shiny new toolhead. :cool:

#3 PCJim, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  4. SigFTW

SigFTW
    Expand Collapse

Nice and easy mod, I'm off to Home Depot.

5. RustyFN

RustyFN
    Expand Collapse

Nice. I have seen that before and went to HD and Lowe's but they don't have them here. They say the store is too small to carry everything. I took a 7/16 X 1/4" drive socket and use that to adjust the powder.

Edit: does anybody have a part number and I will see if they have them on-line.

#5 RustyFN, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  6. unclebob

unclebob
    Expand Collapse

A lot of the Home Depot stores quit carrying them. Lowe’s never did as far as I can tell. You might try ACE hardware. I would print out a picture and take it with you. A friend of mine is a manager at ACE and he said that they can order just about any part if they do not have it in stock. The best thing that I have found for adjusting the power bar is a 7/16 nut driver. If you have a powder measure that is set up for one charge I would not put it on the nut.

7. RustyFN

RustyFN
    Expand Collapse

Thanks I think that is the case here. The small 7/16 socket works fine and I'll just stay with that for now. I found them on-line and can order them in 3/8 if I want later. I haven't been able to find them in 7/16.

8. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean
    Expand Collapse

9. unclebob

unclebob
    Expand Collapse