close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

dillion 650 ?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by shotgunred, Oct 13, 2010.

1. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Mar 1, 2008
    Washington (the state)
    On my 550 I can switch between 9mm and 40sw by changing the tool-head and the buttons. They use the same shellplate. Pull two pins and the powder reset bar and in two minutes you are loading the second caliber.

Do you use the same shell plate with the 650?
    What different parts do you need to switch with the 650?
    How much is it going to cost?

2. ZekerMan

ZekerMan ZekerMan

Feb 21, 2010
    Kansas
    Check BrianEnos.com and I believe your questions and prices would be answered.

3. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    You'll need a 650 conversion for the .40 and dies... The 650 unlike the 550 uses a different shellplate because of the circumference difference due to the larger diameter needed for the extra station. It can't be accounted for by simply changing the locator pins as in the 550 shell plate
    The other conversion items a specifically for the casefeeder function and are necessary.
    The spare toolhead is a convenience item, but to me a no brainer, get one.... you can use a small case feed palte for 9mm and .40

So giving you use your current dies the only things you absolutely need are the conversion itself if you already are set up with your 650 for 9mm.

4. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    It's in the manual. It will list the shellplate, locator pins and powder funnel you need.

5. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Mar 1, 2008
    Washington (the state)
    I don't have a manual. I suppose I could download one. I am still trying to make up my mind if I want to buy a 650 or not.

6. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    Using your the dies you already have and moving your powder drop.

$75.95 for the .40 Conversion
    $24.95 spare 650 Toolhead
    $10.50 for Dillon Powder Die

$111.40 plus shipping, unless you buy it up front with your press set up for 9mm.