close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Digging the 10-8 trigger...

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Shipwreck-The-Sequel, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel Beretta 92 Nut!

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    After all these years of seeing pics of them, I got to hold a 1911 yesterday with a flat trigger. I really liked it.

It may be some time before I get around to it - mainly because of the shipping costs... But I think I will eventually get one put on my Ed Brown. I checked with Brown today, and they will do it.

I am waiting to but the new Beretta 92A1 in another month or two... But by the end of the year or next year, I may send it off to have it installed. I may go ahead and get some mods to the Brown while its there too. We'll see...

2. ^ that EB KK sees more whoring than a Vegas call girl... :lol:

3. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    i would've posted something else, like this POS, but he said Brown :tongueout:

[​IMG]

4. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    you're gonna need to get your tattoo fixed so that it has a flat trigger too :rofl:

5. Flat triggers are for folks without an end-mill... or a dremel sanding drum!

:tongueout:

I tried one, but it ain't for me... they do create a certain look, though. :supergrin:

6. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Slap that bugger in yourself! Unless you want other options from Brown as well I would install the trigger and save the money!

7. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    ps. the trigger in my EB is actually a Wilson Trigger.

8. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
  9. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    So, any difference between ita nd the 10-8 brand?

10. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    a few.

the 10-8 trigger bow is a little longer, so a little more work may be needed than just fitting the trigger shoe. to set the over-travel on the 10-8, you have to file the screw.

the Wilson has a normal size trigger bow and has tabs to adjust take-up. the over-travel is set with a screw.

11. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I liek them too, but only own one with a flat trigger installed.

Its a custom build from EGW. :)

Its in my avatar this month, actually.

[​IMG]

12. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    Brown told me it was $25 + the cost of the trigger - but they never said if they had them or if I had to send 1 in.

I want one the length of a regular 3 hold trigger. Some of yours looks a bit short - so, maybe I should get the 10-8?

13. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    Quack, I have to admit.... I never, ever liked a KC. But with the sights and trigger, your gun is down right purdy!

14. PastorDan

PastorDan

Mar 3, 2010
    Central KY
    Ok, maybe a dumb question but I will ask anyway. What are the benefits of the flat trigger? Not trying to sound like a moron but this is the first I have ever seen one.