close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Difference between 30 and 30SF??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by xy9142, Feb 2, 2013.

1. xy9142

xy9142

Jan 5, 2013
    new york
    I have small hands.......which has the smaller grips? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. jbar174

jbar174

Apr 23, 2012

3. markerbeacon

markerbeacon

Aug 3, 2012
    Madison, AL
    30SF grip is smaller.

4. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Louisiana
    If you have small(er) hands, you definitely want the "SF" version. It is a full-blown .45acp but the grip is sized down a bit. I have one and really, really like it.

5. infantrylife

infantrylife

Nov 7, 2009
    You probably want the SF model, but the S model should be coming out soon too.

6. jmarkt

jmarkt

Jan 30, 2007
    Louisiana
    If u have small hands, check out the G36, single stack, only draw back is 6 rounds, but it shoots really nice.

7. the S doesn't have a grip smaller than the SF...it should be the same...check into the G30 Gen4...it may feel (as the G21 Gen4 feels to my paw) the smallest of them all with no back strap added.

I realize that the G30SF and the G30 Gen4 should feel the same but the frame pattern changes things a bit...

I had tried an original no groove Gen 2 G21 and didn't like the feel...bought a Gen 3 G21 and it was okay and definitely great reference the onboard payload...the Gen 3 G21SF felt better and I moved to that but the G21 Gen4 feels best yet...it should follow for the G30 Gen4 as well...

there is no G30S Gen4 (which would probably get me to buy one) yet and may never be one as they would have to re-engineer the G36 for Gen4 duty and that currently is unknown (at least by me)...

Bill

8. danNiB-X

danNiB-X

Oct 4, 2011
    Jax,FL
    Disregard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013