close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Didn't vote for Romney OR Obama? Check in here!

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by robrides85, Oct 29, 2012.

1. robrides85

robrides85
    Expand Collapse

Got my early-voting done on Saturday - one more for Gary Johnson - in a swing state, no less :tongueout:

Want to criticize us or our votes? Go hangout in this thread:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1448161

This thread is a celebration of those voters that found the two established parties' candidates seriously wanting, and went elsewhere to fulfill their democratic duty of voting.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. aircarver

aircarver
    Expand Collapse
    Ride Continues
    Silver Member

How many votes he got now ? 5 ? 7 ? ... :upeyes:

3. eb07

eb07
    Expand Collapse
    Sharkin'

Unfortunately unelectable but good for you.

4. TheExplorer

TheExplorer
    Expand Collapse

At least you voted. It still better than the people who complain but never actually vote.

5. robrides85

robrides85
    Expand Collapse

Just did a little extrapolation between Youtube views of the main party presidential debates and the third party presidential debates, along with the online voting associated with the 3rd party presidential debate. I'll be surprised if Gary doesn't break a million votes considering the amount of dissatisfaction with the two main parties evident in the online viewing audience for the third party debate.

6. eb07

eb07
    Expand Collapse
    Sharkin'

So by your data. Obama gets four more. Thanks.

7. robrides85

robrides85
    Expand Collapse

Yes, it is unfortunate. Not just that the man is a blip on the radar, but in addition that the conversation between the two main contenders ignores some of the facets of governance that he pays attention to (particularly civil rights and foreign policy).

8. countrygun

countrygun
    Expand Collapse

Great news. If Romney doesn't win the Libertarians can become the scapegoat. They can feel all special while everyone hates them for four years.

People will just be lining up to join in 2016.

9. sheriff733

sheriff733
    Expand Collapse
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Sweet!

I voted today and was going to vote Gary Johnson, but for some reason it said "(i.e. Barack Obama)" next to his name so I opted for Mitt Romney instead.

Good for you though. You show that mean ol' GOP.

Sent with Probably Cause and Irrisputable Proof.

#9 sheriff733, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  10. robrides85

robrides85
    Expand Collapse

Don't look at me - I was supporting him through the Republican primaries, just refused to fall in line behind Romney. No idea how that guy got to hold the mantle of Republican candidate for the Presidency.

Regardless, you're thankful to me for giving you Obama, I may be thankful to you for giving me Romney. You keep assuming he's a sucking noise from Romney, when the inverse is true for a swing state like Colorado (where Gary's speaking today, actually).

11. jlavallee

jlavallee
    Expand Collapse

Good for you. Nevada is a swing state too and I wouldn't support either gun grabbing, big government ******.

12. robrides85

robrides85
    Expand Collapse

No, the people that voted for Romney in the primaries can be the scapegoat. If they wanted to beat Obama (and who knows, maybe Romney will win), they had to have chosen a candidate that was unequivocally better than Obama, so that voters could actually vote FOR a candidate, instead of against Obama.

13. robrides85

robrides85
    Expand Collapse

:whistling: - don't kid around, you know you just pushed the straight party button and some dude named Mitt popped up for President!

14. robrides85

robrides85
    Expand Collapse

Finally, the point of this thread! :yourock:

15. G29Reload

G29Reload
    Expand Collapse
    Tread Lightly

I bet everyone here feels real good about helping Obama.

What fools.

I'm so proud of doing a dumb thing! Wasted my vote instead of helping fire a marxist thug, I'm so patriotic!

:upeyes:

16. robrides85

robrides85
    Expand Collapse

See, same problem, different spin as previous comment. "...so that voters could actually vote FOR a candidate, instead of against Obama."

17. countrygun

countrygun
    Expand Collapse

You mean the LARGE percentage of Republicans who gave the Libertarians the butthurt?

Mybe you should look at yourselves and ask why YOU didn't have an electable candidate. After all you are a "real Party (in your dreams) aren't you? whats your excuse?

You aren't too good with this whole "democracy" thing are you?

If Romney wins it proves the Libertarians irrelevant, if Obama wins Libertarians take the blame for not helping him out the door. Either way it's a win for the Republicans and a loss for the Libertarians.

18. xcaliburelite

xcaliburelite
    Expand Collapse

I agree with this 100%. How Romney appeared to be the beat Republican candidate in the primaries is beyond me. I said the same thing about McCain in '08. Romney's actually doing better against Obama than I thought he would, but I'll be surprised if he wins.

19. IvanVic

IvanVic
    Expand Collapse

No.

If Romney had 10 votes and Obama had 10 votes, and the thread starter votes for G Johnson, Obama still has 10 votes, not 11.

#19 IvanVic, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  20. G29Reload

G29Reload
    Expand Collapse
    Tread Lightly

Well you just enjoy that meaningless little tidbit. Especially if Obama wins by a hair and we all end up butt raped by our new healthcare plan. I'm sure youll be real proud of that and your new higher taxes.

:upeyes: