close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Did you guys see this-- 50bmg Kaboom

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by IndyGunFreak, Jan 11, 2010.

1. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    There's some debate in that thread over whether he was actually using the hammer to close the bolt on this particular round... My opinion... he may not have been, but when a 2lb sledge is part of your range bag... I'd say there's a pretty good chance you need to stop and seek some assistance.

and newbies wonder why more experienced folks are so anal about them reading and rereading books.

For some reason the more I read that thread, the more I realise how significant Jack's words in my signature are...

IGF

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  3. Kosher Larry

Kosher Larry MWAG

Mar 11, 2008
    I couldn't have said this any better. I can only imagine what that kB sounded like.

4. JesseCJC

JesseCJC

May 28, 2008
    there is nothing in a reloading book about not using a hammer on the bolt..

Kind of one of those things when you see obvious warning on objects and just wonder who was the moron who caused the warning to be on the label. I kind of want to see the pics of his hand though.

5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    LOL.. well I guess you got me there... :)

6. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO
    Maybe Janet Reno was right... some people just shouldn't own guns. :whistling:

Jack

7. Hoser

Hoser Ninja

May 22, 2002
    It is very common for guys that shoot bolt action 50s to use a dead blow to open the bolt.

Hammer, no. Dead blow, yes.

8. Head 'owies' just bleed alot! Despite that.......nothing I'd like more than a new Barrett M82A1 semi-auto in 416 with the requisite hardware, scopes and such, lots of ammo, coomponents, the BOS system. Definitely a "force multiplier".

9. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    One of the posts in that absurdly long thread, suggested he had an arterial spurt coming from his wrist(which apparently took the brunt of the injury)...

I've seen arterial spurts, and they do kinda look like that, but i would expect more blood.

IGF

10. juswes

juswes Team Red

Jul 8, 2009
    Alabama
    Gotta use a tiny bit of common sense when dealing with a controlled explosion.

11. Um... That would have been in the manual that came with the firearm.

True they dont specify Hammer or Crowbar or Pick Axe but the "Do not force a cartridge" covers that imo.

I wonder if he read the manual?
    Praying for him

Treehomocideophobia - fear of instruction manuals.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  12. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
    I have a 2lb hammer in my range bag. But is for pounding my target stands into the ground and too stake down tarps for the brass.

13. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Possible, but he also has a claw hammer in the bag beside the 2lb sledge... I figured he was using that to stake targets..

IGF

14. 88_gurgel

88_gurgel

Feb 25, 2007
    Minnesota
    All I could see when I went was the blood trail on the ground. Bandwidth exceeded...

edit:

now the pics came up... you can see the case head in the action... looks like that hurt just a bit.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010