close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Did Justice Roberts Pull One Over on the Liberals?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Jerry, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Jerry

Jerry Staff Member Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    Louisiana

Read more: http://godfatherpolitics.com/5961/did-justice-roberts-pull-one-over-liberals/#ixzz1zUt2zwOM

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012

2. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    skipping all of the hearts and flowers, cloak and dagger nonsense, justice roberts pretty much pulled on over on america

nothing more. he pulled on over on the country club repubs, and screwed the american people. he has just said, the government can screw us 6 ways to sunday, and since we elect the clowns, it's our problem,

3. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    I'm not buying any silver lining explanations.

It sucks plain and simple.

4. azatrox

azatrox

Jan 6, 2008
    Arizona
    You put that A LOT nicer than I was going to.

5. bear62

bear62

Feb 5, 2005
    Rocky Mountains
    What Doc said .........:faint:

6. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    Yep, it could have ended that day and that would have been it.

IT did not set precedent re Commerce because no one else concurred or joined.

It is a comple unmitigated disaster.

7. Jerry

Jerry Staff Member Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    Louisiana
    It interests me how many different ways the decision has been and will be "interpreted". All I know for cretin is "WE The People" are going to get screwed one way or another. Just color me a pessimist.

8. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

If there is any silver lining to the ruling, it's reflected in the disgust we are seeing with it......it could very well be the "clarion call" that wakes up a nation, and makes it's people realize that forces are in motion to eliminate the freedoms they take for granted.

Roberts didn't do what he was appointed to do........take each case, apply the COTUS to it's content, and make a decision based on that alone. He didn't do that. I'm not sure just what he did do, but he didn't do that.

What he did was apply a tortured logic to the bill, in order to twist it into something nobody, but those with a political objective will agree with.

ooc

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  9. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Bottom line, NEVER plan in fighting for the same piece of ground twice.

It sucks.

10. stopatrain

stopatrain Lifetime Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Texas
    I think he was afraid to vote down obamacare.

11. DOC44

DOC44

Jan 10, 2004
    in my recliner
    Didn't Newt say we should be able to get rid of judges that make stupid, wrong rulings and I think he included the supremes. But what does he know.... just some old stupid guy with no vision....did a private company actually launch a rocket and provide supplies to the space station, private competition for space travel.

Doc44

12. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    This isn't going to come out right because I haven't sat and tried to work out the perfect words, I am just throwing it out there with the first words that come to mind.

I was taught that the SCOTUS was really supposed to be the "right guide" as it were and that their rulings were supposed to stay as close to first, the founders words, then the Courts understanding of the meaning, and then perhaps precedent (but not bound to it). Publicly elected officials, POTUS, CONUS, come and go and reflect the changing norms and whims of the voters.

If the SCOTUS is going to follow the whimsy and caprice of the public and try to interpret the Constitution according to the mood of the day, then their tenure should be just as long as the particular whim of the public lasts.

If they are going to serve the whims of the public they should also serve AT the whim of the public.

Stick to the Constitution or run for office like everyone else.

I bet that comes out as clear as chocolate pudding.

13. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    I'm about ta tick some folk off.Did he put an "out" in,maybe.Will we see fruition in this life,no.It would take a new court ect.I think Vince Foster crossed his mind.We had 1 judge that shoulda recused and another that should have known better.

It's a twilight zone episode.Forcing citizens are just gonna get folk ta drop off the grid ta provide for their families.Barter ect will be king,watch the next step .gub will expand on the FDAs egg/milk thing.They just bought how much .40 ammo and now non LEO entities have SWAT type units.Tick-tock.'08.