close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Did I do good....I think I did.

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Lugi, May 15, 2012.

1. Lugi

Lugi

Nov 23, 2006
    I was at kroger today and came up on some nestle water 3 liters jugs...reg 79 cents and they had them to where you bought 10 of them you'd get them for 49 cents so I bought like 18 jugs for like $9.00.

They expire next year, what's the best way to make sure they last more then that?
    They are stored in a room on the side of my garage that has ac, it's part of the house.

Cool thing is...the jugs at the bottom have a indentation so that they could be stored on top of each other.

I want to go back and get more....but need to know if they will last beyond the exp. date.

2. thejellster05

thejellster05

Sep 13, 2007
    Kansas
    I've drank over 1 year old water stored in my basement in regular gallon jugs and they were fine. Just keep the cool and I would worry about bacteria growth for awhile. The taste after a year was fine.
    In SHTF you could always put some bleach in it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

3. Bushflyr

Bushflyr ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ Millennium Member

Mar 17, 1999
    Western WA
    You did not do good. You may have done well. [/grammar nazi]

Water doesn't really expire. Stick it in a dark place and it'll still be safe in 20 years. If crap doesn't grow in a year it's not going to.

4. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Returning video

Nov 9, 2008
    While he may have done well in this endeavor, it is entirely possible that he also did good, and is grammatically correct. :wavey:

5. auto-5

auto-5

Nov 13, 2011
    I would worry about BPA leaching into the water.

6. Lugi

Lugi

Nov 23, 2006
    Thanks guys...and BPA, then what the hell am I gonna do about this...really, I'm asking.

7. Bushflyr

Bushflyr ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ Millennium Member

Mar 17, 1999
    Western WA
  8. WolfNotSheep

WolfNotSheep Tackleberry

Mar 1, 2008
    Central Virginia
    Exactly right.

9. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Jul 4, 2000
    Waynesboro, VA
    They are JUST water?

Right?

When was the last time you saw a stream "expire"?!?!??

10. auto-5

auto-5

Nov 13, 2011
    It may not be a bad idea to make a small still. It can make all the clean water you want as long as you have a heat source. Other things too.

11. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    What is the material of construction? Hopefully nothing like the stuff milk cartons are made of, because if so they WILL spring leaks if you let them sit long enough.

12. Lugi

Lugi

Nov 23, 2006
    Nah....... it's clear plastic, harder then milk containers.
    And as to it being stored in a cool area, that's not a problem at all the room stays dark all the time, maybe the light goes on in the room 5 minutes in a month, also it stays the same temperature as the rest of the house.