Did anyone notice ?

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by LM55, Feb 4, 2013.

1. That the President flew OVER Chicago today to get to Minneapolis to stand up and preach about gun control. I ask, is there a greater example of Hypocrisy than this?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    CHICAGO ! - his own home state, his own home town. A town, which I believe has 42 gun deaths so far in 2013. A town with perhaps the most STRICT GUN CONTROL of any major city in America. Help me if I missed it, but I did not see where the media picked up on this point ! ! <o:p></o:p>
    What a joke this Obama gun control crusade is ! !<o:p></o:p>

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. You are exactly right. I missed it completely.

He has nothing to gain from further perverting his hometown, and can't be bothered with it since it holds no political gain for him.

We should push this hard.

3. Classic. I'd fly over that dump too. You would think if he loves it there so much he would have stopped in for at least a hotdog.

4. He probably has the hot dogs delivered compliments of the taxpayers, so why should he stop.

5. Lord

Lord Senior Member

If anything, Chicago is PROOF that strict gun control does nothing but create a safe haven for criminals, and a danger zone to the law abiding.

I would predict this: if they ever did reverse that, the gun deaths would rise sharply for the briefest of times, but the ones killed are the criminals that are stopped during the commission of violent crimes.

6. Jerry

Moderator Millennium Member

That's what I predicted would happen in New Orleans and other major cities in the South when CCW was passed. To my surprise it never happened. Violent crime just drooped. Maybe all the criminals went to Chitcago. :rofl:

7. I don't think his visit was worth our tax payers dollars. The general take on his visit was a bit chilly (other than the leftys) and I get the feeling most everyone wants the feds out of this fight.

I watched the Minnesota house hearings today at lunch and our side looked pretty damn composed and came across real well. The leftys feel the fire power is getting out of control because they see so many on the street... Really lady? Sure it's not the news storys twisted by the left where they lay a S load of black rifles on a table?

Just hoping that this passes and we can move on in the next couple of months, what they're proposing here is enough to make me rethink living here.

#7 commonguy001, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013