close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Did a really dumb thing

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by mrsig, Sep 11, 2011.

1. mrsig

mrsig mrsig

Jul 17, 2011
    Tampa
    I was trying to install an extended slide lock release on my 19 and had a soft cloth between the pin that I was trying to pound out with the punch. Accidently the punch slipped and I drove it into the slide release hole and transformed the digangional hole into one with a round punch impression in the frame just below the little release takedown on the left side.

All seems to work well and slide easily comes off still, but it is a little buggered up. I guess there id nothing I can do to restore it ???

2. Grey Goblin

Grey Goblin

Jun 4, 2008
    If you go back in time (or for future reference), and wiggle the slide release back and forth while pressing on the pin with your punch or better yet, a Glock disassembly tool (~$7), you can push the pin out and back in without using a hammer.

Some similar firearms use roll pins that take a little tapping, but there's no need, ever, to use a hammer while disassembling or reassembling a Glock.

And, don't feel bad. It's a mistake many of us, including myself, have made.

Hope this helps,
    Captain Hindsight