close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dianne Feinstein on Fox News Sunday

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Michael Rye, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Michael Rye

Michael Rye

Oct 8, 2012
    SC
    I am totally not understanding something here. She said that Paula Broadwell had been sending threatening e-mails to an unidentified other woman. This woman became scared and reported the e-mails to the FBI?

To the FBI?

Really?

This makes no sense to me at all. I could understand the woman going to the local police, like to get a restraining order or something...but to go directly to the FBI?

Maybe DiFi just didn't tell the story right. I don't know. Does this make sense to anyone?

2. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    It may make sense. We don't know who the other woman is or, more importantly, where she works.

3. KYJoe

KYJoe

Jul 8, 2002
    Good Ole Ken Tuck
    The threatening e-mails came directly from Petreus' e-mail account that Broadwell had hacked into. Not saying it is what I would have done, but I am sure receiving threatening e-mails from the personal account of the head of the CIA was pretty disturbing.

4. Michael Rye

Michael Rye

Oct 8, 2012
    SC
    That's true. But still though, I don't think in cases of harrassment the normal course of action would be to bypass local law enforcement and go straight to the Feds.

But like you say, we don't know who she is. It still seems weird.

5. Z71bill

Z71bill

Feb 19, 2007
    Texas

I am hoping it is Hillary Clinton. :rofl:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  6. ray9898

ray9898

May 29, 2001
    Georgia
    I think going to the FBI is logical considering a very high level Fed employee was involved. Hell, as a local LEO I would probably suggest it.

7. Michael Rye

Michael Rye

Oct 8, 2012
    SC
    Okay. That makes a little more sense. I was unaware that Broadwell had hacked into his account and was sending e-mails from there.

8. frizz

frizz

Jul 6, 2012
    Particularly if it involves the CIA.

9. jpa

jpa CLM

May 28, 2001
    Las Vegas NV
    WTF....did this guy have his email password written on a post-it next to his bed or something? Or was his password something like <dog's name>1 or something equally stupid?

10. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    I don't know if Generals have their email accounts set up the same way but once I put the CAC card in and logged on Microsoft outlook automatically logged me on without a prompt to my email account

But if not , if I was sleeping with a woman and she asked for my email password that would be a tip off that I was being blackmailed or she was bat crazy- then again getting new "strange" makes men do some crazy things

11. ysr_racer

ysr_racer

Dec 28, 2001
    Happily in So. Cal.
    Here's hoping an AD is in her future

[​IMG]

12. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

Nov 7, 2001
    USA
    The General self-destructed by his own folly. As far as the expected testimony it does not matter because voters already made their decision and what happened on Libya is not a concern.

Edited to add that the White House probably knew about the affair for some time. They just pulled the trigger when it was convenient for them. Remember that politics is war without bloodshed.

13. MAC702

MAC702 Senior Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Clark County, NV
    Because anything coming into my inbox from "bo***cia.gov" is going to be taken seriously.

Speaking of "seriously?", I can't type 2 esses followed by a @?

14. MAC702

MAC702 Senior Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Clark County, NV
    And for future reference, if I ever send anything threatening to any of you, you darn well better take it seriously.

Unless you go to the FBI. In that case, I didn't send it. My mistress did. Shame on her.

15. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/off...reatening-emails-to-female-state-dept-liason/

So apparently this other woman works for the State Dept. So going to the FBI makes a lot of sense, especially if the emails were coming from a CIA account. Although you would think State would have their own internal security but maybe they referred her to FBI.

It's funny Feinstein is worked up over this case. She doesn't like it when she feels ignored or left out.

16. so was this woman someone else the big P was nailing????
    maybe mistress one was trying to send a message to mistress two,,hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

17. Two words

Linda Tripp.

All the Best,
    D. White