Diamondback Firearms

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by md2lgyk, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Almost everything I read is BAD. KelTec started out that same way and has got better but I myself would steer clear.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. While I do not believe everything I hear, I have heard enough bad to avoid the Diamondback.

3. wjv

wjv

One of the few times when "You're better off buying a Taurus", is good advice!

4. This......

5. I was wondering when there was going to be another diamondback bashing thread. It's been almost a week! That proves DB's quality control is improving.

Really, I agree with wk9 and I would be worried about using a DB in a defensive situation.

6. They're actually not too bad, unless you want one to shoot.

7. Here is the scary part. With posts at a ratio of 25 bad: 1 good (all over the Internet), people STILL go out and buy them. :dunno:

Amazing what they could have done as a company if they didn't blow it out of the gate. :faint:

#27 RYT 2BER, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  8. I have a DB9 that I like a lot. It is reliable with 115 gr ammo. I carry the Critical Defense 9mm load. Guess what.......It's not a Glock 26. But it is less than half the size and less than half the weight. I like mine. I bought it lightly used for less than 300 from a guy that found it to be too small and light for him. I think mine is a good gun for the money. It makes a good ankle gun.

9. Myke_Hart

Myke_Hart Handloader

I have been around firearms all my life and ALL new firearms companies go thru a teething phase. Some make it thru it and some don't. I can name quite a few that went thru the same issues. Look at the history of the Bren Ten and I am still looking for one.

I think DB has a solid idea and they have made some major changes to the guns design and parts. They also have a lifetime warranty so your not really risking anything other than your time. IMO, They are helping to innovate the mouse gun industry.

As for using them to protect my family, of course. If a gun can run flawless for as many rounds as I have put thru it. It's good enough to carry. This is why I am not carrying my DB9 yet... I don't have enough rounds thru it. I did the same with my Naa Guardian, my keltec p3at, DB380, and working with the DB9. After that I will add and work with the Kahr Pm/Cm9 to see how it functions. My mouse gun collection grows each year.:embarassed:

As for MIM, you will find that if done properly the MIM parts are just as durable than their machined counter parts. MIM parts usually have tighter tolerances, produce less waste, and can be made faster. Hence the part can be made cheaper. Like anything done improperly, parts can and will fail, machined or otherwise. Read about MIM here http://www.flomet.com/capabilities_metal_injection.php

My dream goal for a company... any company... to be motivated to produce the smallest, most powerful (cal), lightest, most reliable mouse gun possible.

I will support any gun company that says "I think I can do it better!" or "ABC company refuses to make it, so we will!"

Just my thoughts..:dunno:

#29 Myke_Hart, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  10. wk9k

Here is my thread on diamondback forum..my db9 i had..trigger literally broke in pieces after 250~rds normal 115g ball ammo.

http://www.diamondbacktalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1485&hilit=wk9k&start=0

Yes its good that they are the first to actually make a 9mm of this size and weight. I really like pocket pistols especially in 9mm and I understand about the MIM, yes if done correctly it will hold up..but for how long. Eventually yours will break. Eventually. And so what they are made in the USA. Thats good but wheres the quality. And then scott perrin from db said they were coming up with a fix for the trigger breaking so everyone was told on the forum a while ago..a "trigger axis pin"...come to find out all it was was just a pin made for easier removal of the trigger assembly. im done.

11. I own two Glock 27's and one #22 and dearly love them BUT for pocket carry even the 27 are too large. I bought the Diamondback .380 from Just Glocks in a nearby town in Texas. Love the way it has copied many of the functions of my Glocks and this was my daily carry along with the CrimsonTrace laser. When some trouble developed I was able to talk directly to the gunsmith who sent me a tag to return it. A few weeks later back in the fold fully repaired. My new daily carry is the Diamondback DB9 carried daily in my front pocket in a holster with an extra magazine. When I say carry I'm in dress slacks dressed as though going to church. No one has noticed that I'm carrying. Still have the DB.380 for my wife. The recoil even from the 9mm is very controllable and I love the fact that service if needed it they treat you right. Some others may have different opinions but for me am very pleased.

12. DB's are crap. I owned one for a while, after 200 rounds it failed in just about every way you could imagine. I've had people tell me theirs shoot great, but i have yet to SEE one do so. I firmly believe a carry gun should run flawlessly, that's why I carry a G26. (Sometimes a M11-A1, if the situation permits) Buy a M&P Shield, Sig P938, or an XDs if you wanna go small. You'll thank me later.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#32 mike g35, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  13. Holy *****, that CAN'T BE GOOD!

14. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues
    Silver Member

THIS ... is a real Diamondback .....

[​IMG]

:supergrin:

15. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall HildabeastHater