Diamondback Firearms

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by md2lgyk, Sep 19, 2012.

1. I know they're relatively new on the market, but does anyone own one or have any experience with one? Their 9mm seems too small to be true.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    My Diamondback DB9 Experience. General Firearms Forum Jul 18, 2015
    Diamondback DB9 Customer Service Experience General Firearms Forum Jun 13, 2015
    WTS-Ruger American 308 Vortex Diamondback scope, brand new Indiana Firearms Listings Apr 3, 2015
    Diamondback db9 General Firearms Forum Oct 4, 2014
    Diamondback??? Black Rifle Forum Mar 31, 2014

3. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member

Terribad.

4. Is this opinion based on personal experience??

5. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member

I've neither of owned nor shot one, but the one I looked at at Academy a couple of days ago was spitting metal shavings out the magwell when I racked the slide.

Not only that, but I've read dozens, if not hundreds, of horror stories about them for every single good (or even neutral) report.

6. I shot a DB380 at the range - 50 rounds - no problems. I thinking of getting one or a S&W bodyguard.

A respected poster - LongGun1 - bought one - good enough for me. Get the latest serial number.

#5 PaulMason, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  7. hoghunter82

hoghunter82 FL Glocker #182

I say this every time someone posts about DB. Take a drive to Cocoa, FL and go see where they are made. You will quickly discover that DB is more interested in making airboats than they are firearms. No thanks. I think I'll trust my life and spend my money with a company more invested in firearms manufacturing. By the way, they are just a few buildings down from Kel-Tec.

8. I shot a .380 at the range once. It was forced on me by a new purchaser who was very proud of it. It stovepiped twice in one magazine, and it was all I could do to keep the thing on paper. It did not have a quality look or feel to it. I guess you could say that I didn't mind handing it back. It did not impress me one bit.

9. In a time when the economy was down, I said what the heck. American jobs, and an American product. Why not? I have some time and a little money to take a chance with it. I even went to their forum and followed the break in methods. Unfortunately I got a lemon.

They're an offshoot of Keltec. They make speedboats. The DB380 had issues and I figured since they "learned from their mistakes", the 9mm would be better.

It's a mixed bag. When you buy a gun you want it to shoot every time. You want it to last. You want a magazine to last and not fatigue after a short term. This brand does not fulfill any of those requirements for me.

I had a DB9.
    Walking pins - they eventually found a fix.
    Cracked frame after 625 rounds-they replaced it
    Chipped feed ramp - after only 100 rounds?
    FTE/FTF/Double Feeds: unreliable

It got to the point that it was failing every other round in one magazine. Some will tell you it works for them. No one ever showed pictures or a video of them shooting it. What magical technique did they have? No one would tell. Really? You say it can go 1500 rounds without a hiccup? You're not willing to share how you do it? Oh well, it's not worth it to figure it out. This was their support discussion board.

I took it to my gunsmith. He said get rid of it. It's a piece of Crap. I called it the DiamondCrap DB9. I did heed his advice, and I got the Sig P238. No regrets. Accurate to 25 yards for me, reliable, comfortable and safe. I then bought a P938. 3 failures in the first three boxes but none since. It handles plus P. Excellent gun.

-

Save yourself some aggravation. It's a piece of junk. I lost $150 and wasted time and ammo shooting it. You want a real pocket gun, then get a Rohrbaugh.

#8 CDR_Glock, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  10. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHC9zUVRc18"]Diamondback DB9 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmcyyJ83TNg"]Diamondback DB380: "Glock Tease" by Nutnfancy - YouTube[/ame]

11. I've heard mixed reviews on the Diamondback pistols.

12. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

:upeyes: Are ya sure? ;)

13. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall HildabeastHater

I don't support Obama supporters.

14. I had one. It had a chamber size problem on the first round I put in. I sent it back to DB and they replaced the barrel. I had it for about a year and shot about 800 rounds through it. The only "problems" that I experienced I attribute to operator error. The smallest and lightest 9mm gun is a snappy little thing. If you don't have a good grip and form, you will probably get some failures. Like most micro guns, the DB wasn't pleasant to shoot for more than 100 rounds at a time. The issue that I did have was resolved rapidly (about 9 days from leaving to receiving) and the walking pins issue was resolved for everyone for free, simply by emailing DB, they sent new replacment pins.

While some will argue that guns should not have failures for "limp wristing", I believe that it does happen with micro guns. I traded the DB9 for a Shield 9. At the range, the Shield is a much better, easier gun to shoot. The DB9 can't be beat for carry. The trigger, size and sights on the DB9 are very good. It looks and breaks down like a glock. I miss the DB9 and will probably purchase another one in the future since my job situatiion has improved.

Check the DB website. You will find a lot of people who have had issues with the gun. Search for yourself from owners, and not just internet "experts" with no real knowledge or experience.

Attached Files:

#13 maxpower220, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  15. Thanks for all the input. I've read enough to convince me to look elsewhere for a small 9mm.

16. wk9k

Hey just saw this thread had to throw my .02 cents in. The db9 is nice to look at. But function wise it is a piece of **** and db's willingness to fix the ongoing issues with their pistols sucks! My trigger literally broke on mine as well as others on the db forum. I took it apart and alot of the critical components were MIM including the tiny trigger connector ears is where it broke in half. I have a writeup with pics on the diamondbackforum user wk9k.....

17. Myke_Hart

Myke_Hart Handloader

I have both. I currently carry the DB380 daily. I have had to send it back twice but I had one of the first few guns that came out and they have made a ton of improvements. Check out my upgrades post from a while ago. Runs absolutely perfect.

I have the DB9 as well. It is also a early gun. Still breaking it in. I have had some malfuctions with it, testing different ammo. I need to just run 500 rds thru it, but the thing is a beast to shoot. Not for the weak handed limp wristers. I have sooo many guns I have not gotten back around to it.

With my dealings with Diamondback I have found they are a solid company with good customer service. I have not paid any shipping to send a gun back, or for upgrade parts, other than for more magazines. They have not given me any grief about sending a gun back and have taken care of me very quickly. Turn around has been around 2 to 3 weeks for me, shipped direct to my door.

Here are mine.
    Proof of ownership.
    DB9
    [​IMG]

DB380
    [​IMG]

Now if they would just get those night sights in stock!:embarassed:

#16 Myke_Hart, Sep 21, 2012
  18. wk9k

I hope your not using those for your personal/family protection. But just something to mess around with at the range or for a paperweight. I am totally done with db and it didnt take me long to realize they suck at making pistols and go the cheap route. Unlike some people that just doesnt get it in their heads that they are junk and to just stop wasting their time sending their guns back just to have to send it back a few more times...like I said their critical parts are MIM and since this is a really small 9mm, the parts are really small. Now those MIM parts have a greater chance of breaking. They should have used machined bar stock steel and beef them up. For $400 you'de think they would use better materials. Just saying.

19. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

20. arkdweller22

arkdweller22 Cuhootnified

I've owned two DB380's (one was a replacement for the original) and a Rohrbaugh I can say that's good advice. The DB's are long gone and good riddance!
    OTOH the Rohrbaugh rides my pocket daily. No issues with factory ammo. It is fired twice monthly and the recoil spring replacement schedule is followed.
    To date it has been reliable and I trust my life to it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

21. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

Here's what I wrote in another thread about pocket semi-autos:

This was last spring, the gun was early 2012 production. My very limited experience with one particular DB9 was favorable, apparently experiences vary quite a bit.

#20 PEC-Memphis, Sep 21, 2012