close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

diamondback .380 opinions .....

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by lifsey83, Jan 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. lifsey83

lifsey83

Apr 11, 2011
    tennessee
    I picked up a diamondback .380 today to serve as a backup pistol . I know its not a target pistol. Just looking to see what people think of them...

I guess I should have said I got this as a trade ...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  2. Don't have one because it gets bad reviews--but like the size. Run it with 2-300 rounds to make sure it works right.

3. PaulMason

PaulMason

Feb 10, 2010
    I went with the s&w bodyguard. I didn't want to take the chance.

Why ask what people think after you bought it?

4. PVolk

PVolk

Oct 2, 2009
    Michigan
    I rented a Diamondback a couple years ago. Aside from it biting me once, I thought it was a decent shooter. Better than expected at least. But I've also shot the S&W Bodygaurd and liked it much more.

5. Lowjiber

Lowjiber

Jan 26, 2012
    Las Vegas
    I understand Tarurus just bought Diamondback. Not the boat division, just the pistol "factory".

6. In my opinion, you should have done your research before making the purchase.

7. lifsey83

lifsey83

Apr 11, 2011
    tennessee
    I got it in a trade for a knife..

8. PaulMason

PaulMason

Feb 10, 2010

Worth a try then - I'd recommend Hornady Critical Defense and/or Federal Hydrashock for carry - I use both and alternate them in the mag.

One thing to check out is the serial number - most of the problems happened with the early #s - research that.

9. lifsey83

lifsey83

Apr 11, 2011
    tennessee
    Thanks it was bought like two weeks ago and the guy never fired it .

10. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

Apr 23, 2009
    My experience is limited to one range session with a borrowed pistol. I was not impressed with fit and finish, and I thought it was quite snappy for the caliber, which is of course no surprise given its size. Most important, I could not shoot it with any accuracy at all, even when resting my hands on the bench. I came away quite unimpressed, but it was a sample size of one, so maybe I just had a lemon.

11. GlockFish

GlockFish Floyd

Feb 22, 2002
    Oh, we waited for this gun to come out so much. We wanted it to be a nice, trouble free 380. It was so Glock-like! It was like the mini Glock Glock never made.

Then it actually came out. I don't think I've read 2 good reviews on it (except for the company website)

12. johnstein11

johnstein11

Feb 17, 2008
    Well the DB9 is complete garbage, but maybe you'll get lucky. Like someone said, put 2-300 rounds through it before you trust your life with it.

13. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Honk Honk CLM

Jan 2, 2005
    Taylorsville, KY
    The 1st one I had wouldn't make it through a magazine without a stoppage, usually a fail to extract. Finally sent it back to Diamondback. They sent a new gun back to me. I took it out, with no cleaning or lube, and proceeded to run 300 rds through it. Had 1 FTF, but I'm certain it was my fault. Despite that, I just never completely trusted it.

I wound up trading it.

14. phil evans

phil evans

May 26, 2006
    austin tx
    sold db380, was unreliable.
    sold db9mm, was unreliable.
    i so wanted both of them to work as they are the thinnest mouse guns around.
    380 sent back 3 times for broken pieces, 9mm sent back once gave me a new frame with new serial number, still would ftc, fte.
    sold both for half price, felt like a beta tester for diamondback.

15. XshooterX

XshooterX

Oct 24, 2012
    Had one and liked it. Traded it off though bc I just couldn't shoot it enough to trust it. It takes a little more when something has such bad reviews.
    Couldn't justify buying .380 and couldn't justify reloading it either.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

16. hoghunter82

hoghunter82 FL Glocker #182

Jan 21, 2011
    Central Florida
    If you traded it for a knife then no biggie (unless that knife was a Randall Made Knife- then that was a huge mistake). Locally, Diamondback is far more popular as an AirBoat Company. Drive by sometime and see for yourself. Their reputation on the interwebs speaks for itself. But- run some ammo down the pipe. If u have no issues then either put it in a showcase as the sole example of a DB that functions reliably or shoot the heck out of it and enjoy. Hell, worse case scenario you are only out a knife.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

17. yellolab

yellolab

Apr 15, 2008
    Vermont
    There are crappy guns out there(see Taurus), but at least they run.
    DB's don't.