close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Desantis sof-tuk holster tight fit for glock 27

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by GunsNBibles, Oct 7, 2012.

1. GunsNBibles

GunsNBibles

Apr 7, 2012
    I just got mine a week ago and when I tried to out my gun in it it didn't enter smoothly. Do they just need some breaking in? Or have I just gotten the wrong size? The packet lists glock 27 as one of the guns that fits in that model.

---------------------------------------
    Hey yutz. Guns aren't toys - - they're for family protection, hunting dangerous and delicious animals, and keeping the king of England out your face. -Krusty The Clown

2. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Jan 3, 2012
    NW Ohio
    I think those holsters are just way to soft to try and reholster a gun I found that the trigger guard gets hung up on the leather and prevents it from going in smooth...

3. GunsNBibles

GunsNBibles

Apr 7, 2012
    Exactly my problem. The glock square trigger guard is huge nod thick as it is, I got it in and left it in storage until I use the gun hopefully it will form itself like a catcher's mit.

---------------------------------------
    Hey yutz. Guns aren't toys - - they're for family protection, hunting dangerous and delicious animals, and keeping the king of England out your face. -Krusty The Clown

4. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    Agree with Lyodbraun. That said if you want it to fit better you can wet mould it to your gun.
    What you do is hold it under running water for like thirty seconds. Not knowing what age your Glock is put your Glock in a bread bag or baggie,insert gun in bag into holster until dry and don't get the urge to help it along in drying by and source of heat. When it's almost dry you can if you want an even more formed fit put some form of weight on it,I have seen some folks sit on their gun in holster for a time.
    When dry you will have a form fit holster for you Glock,for however long that type of holster will last. SJ 40

5. vmann

vmann Controller

Jan 22, 2010
    DFW
    any leather holster is going to require some break in...

6. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    The above is most certainly true. Any leather product requires use and the more use the better it will fit. It will also get softer.

By the way, I have molded leather with alcohol and get the same results.

Just ask a motorcycle guy/gal with leathers, or think of the old bomber jackets. Fit like a "glove" (for the same reason).

I don't use leather holsters but it doesn't mean I don't like them. I just want to re-holster with one hand IWB.