close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Des Moines officer injured, prayers needed.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Nick.45, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Nick.45

Nick.45

Dec 26, 2007
    Iowa
    http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011110820015

Officer Tran was hit by a drunk driver while directing traffic at the Iowa State Fair. Ended having to be transported to the University of Iowa hospital midway through surgery. Has been making improvements but is in pretty bad shape.

The guy that hit him was more concerned about getting out of jail so that he could work the next morning than that he had just hit a cop with his truck.

This is the most recent article.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011308260042

2. Another LEO line-of-duty injury that was totally preventable.

Prayers for Officer's Tran's recovery.

3. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    I've been following this. He's currently in a hospital about a tenth of a mile from my office.

If anybody is going to be coming to the area to visit/help with the family/etc, get in touch with me and I'll help you out with parking and so forth (expensive at the hospital).

4. Nick.45

Nick.45

Dec 26, 2007
    Iowa
    I was actually just passing through there with my family yesterday and was thinking of stopping up to see him but I had just discovered my 2 year old has pink eye and did not want to expose him or his family to that stuff.

5. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

6. Detectorist

Detectorist

Jul 16, 2008
    Missouri
    Hang in there Officer Tran. Our prayers are with you.

7. bubbles911

bubbles911

Nov 14, 2008
    Iowa
    I was working when this happened, definitely not what you want to hear on the radio. All we knew was an officer down.... Continued prayers.