close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Dershowitz: Zimmerman prosecutors should be investigated

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DOC44, Apr 24, 2012.

1. DOC44

DOC44

Jan 10, 2004
    in my recliner

http://www.examiner.com/article/der...-prosecutor-may-have-committed-a-criminal-act

Doc44

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  2. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    um yeah, sure. riiiiight.

zimmerman has the political and racist machines against him, both of which supercede the law.

3. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero CLM

Jan 27, 2006
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Ah, Dershowitz. He is an absolute bomb-throwing liberal and media-hound, who can always be counted upon to give a radical sound-bite or quote.

BTW, prosecutors in most states have almost iron-clad immunity for actions they take in the scope of their duties. If not, every indicted person would try to bring a civil suit, claim ethics violations, and trying to bring criminal charges. Dershowitz knows this quite well.

4. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    This is usually true, but in this case he's on the right side.

There are still ethical standards that need to be adhered to.

5. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Dershowitz is a the epitome of all that together is the most extreme negative stereotype of a lawyer. It is not possible to consider anything he says about anything to be anything but a waste of time.

6. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    The prosecutor has done some questionable things, but I don't see anything likely to get a prosecutor in trouble in the real world.

Want an example? A very well known KY prosecutor: ([ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyy7Q3iIo5k"]About Being on the Discovery Channel's Story of Trent DiGiuro's Murder - YouTube[/ame]) is going to be on Investigation Discovery Thursday night (http://www.kentucky.com/2012/04/24/2162466/trent-digiuro-case-to-be-featured.html) about a very high profile murder case here (U.K. Wildcat football player murdered). After the trial, it came to light that an FBI lab tech had lied about firearm/ammo evidence during the initial trial and the prosecutor knew about it and kept it quiet.

He's as popular as ever and the worst thing that happened to him or anybody in his office was the judge talking mean to them.

Should be an interesting show.

I say again, the first lawyer somebody needs to deal with in the Zimmerman case, on ethical issues, in Benjamin Crump.

7. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I think that's a little over the top, even from my point of view. My office (not me, personally) has had a case against him, coming out of the "innocence project" BS. There was nothing that unusual about him or his associates, except that his name excites the press. Besides that and some knowledge of how to litigate a civil case, they could have been local public defenders (who like to involve themselves in random civil cases).

However, I am especially surprised that you object to him - I would have though his politics were fairly in line with yours. I'd expect him to be more disliked by the farther right GTers.

8. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

We like to break out the :popcorn: when liberals eat their own ....

9. greenman19

greenman19

Nov 6, 2008
    central NC

10. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Dec 31, 1998
    Indianapolis, IN
    In the Duke case, Nifong CONCEALED evidence; that's why he got slammed by the system.

Whatever one's feelings about Dershowitz, if HE says your action is ill-considered, you should at least recheck your audit trail.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  11. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    At this point, there is a huge, huge difference between any questionable decisions by the Zimmerman prosecutor and by that scumbag in NC (who, I think, is no longer a lawyer).

12. DOC44

DOC44

Jan 10, 2004
    in my recliner
    FOX interview with Dershowitz
    :wow::wow:

[ame]http://video.foxnews.com/v/1585842879001/alan-dershowitz-blasts-case-against-george-zimmerman/[/ame]

Doc44

13. Several days ago I suggested that the State's pursuit in Zimmerman case was verging on actionable malicious prosecution. It would behoove those unfamiliar with this Florida law to get acquainted. Of the six elements required to establish malicious prosecution, five appear to be present...and the remaining one is likely forthcoming.

Dershowitz's speculation on subornation of perjury is separate, but fits well and adds to the element of malice.

14. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Dec 31, 1998
    Indianapolis, IN
    Dang, Hyperstyx! You sure hurl dem big words around real purrty!

15. [/
    Can you expound for those of us not familiar with FL law?
    ----------------

Okay, found this:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  16. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    You realize you just said "ethical standards" in a thread about lawyers, right?

They wrote those with the intent of looking good but still giving them the opportunity to make money.

17. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    Her very words showed it to be Malicius prosecution- "We're here to find justice for Trayvon!!" No your not - your there to find the truth! And apply the law as written. When she didn't include the photo of his injuries to gain the warrent for arrest! Thats purjury! I can't wait for a jury to get this case and rip the prosecution to hell and back for not following the law! A good judge should shut this BS down real quick. :supergrin:

18. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    It's going to depend on the jury, and how well each team tells their story.

19. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    From my POV, the statement made is restrained. It is not a matter of politics. It stems from his partisan involvement in academic matters.