close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dershowitz: Zimmerman prosecutors should be investigated

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DOC44, Apr 24, 2012.

1. DOC44

DOC44
    Expand Collapse

http://www.examiner.com/article/der...-prosecutor-may-have-committed-a-criminal-act

Doc44

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 DOC44, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  2. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe
    Expand Collapse
    you savvy?

um yeah, sure. riiiiight.

zimmerman has the political and racist machines against him, both of which supercede the law.

3. jtull7

jtull7
    Expand Collapse
    Pistolero
    CLM

Ah, Dershowitz. He is an absolute bomb-throwing liberal and media-hound, who can always be counted upon to give a radical sound-bite or quote.

BTW, prosecutors in most states have almost iron-clad immunity for actions they take in the scope of their duties. If not, every indicted person would try to bring a civil suit, claim ethics violations, and trying to bring criminal charges. Dershowitz knows this quite well.

4. G29Reload

G29Reload
    Expand Collapse
    Tread Lightly

This is usually true, but in this case he's on the right side.

There are still ethical standards that need to be adhered to.

5. Brucev

Brucev
    Expand Collapse

Dershowitz is a the epitome of all that together is the most extreme negative stereotype of a lawyer. It is not possible to consider anything he says about anything to be anything but a waste of time.

6. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

The prosecutor has done some questionable things, but I don't see anything likely to get a prosecutor in trouble in the real world.

Want an example? A very well known KY prosecutor: ([ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyy7Q3iIo5k"]About Being on the Discovery Channel's Story of Trent DiGiuro's Murder - YouTube[/ame]) is going to be on Investigation Discovery Thursday night (http://www.kentucky.com/2012/04/24/2162466/trent-digiuro-case-to-be-featured.html) about a very high profile murder case here (U.K. Wildcat football player murdered). After the trial, it came to light that an FBI lab tech had lied about firearm/ammo evidence during the initial trial and the prosecutor knew about it and kept it quiet.

He's as popular as ever and the worst thing that happened to him or anybody in his office was the judge talking mean to them.

Should be an interesting show.

I say again, the first lawyer somebody needs to deal with in the Zimmerman case, on ethical issues, in Benjamin Crump.

7. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

I think that's a little over the top, even from my point of view. My office (not me, personally) has had a case against him, coming out of the "innocence project" BS. There was nothing that unusual about him or his associates, except that his name excites the press. Besides that and some knowledge of how to litigate a civil case, they could have been local public defenders (who like to involve themselves in random civil cases).

However, I am especially surprised that you object to him - I would have though his politics were fairly in line with yours. I'd expect him to be more disliked by the farther right GTers.

8. aircarver

aircarver
    Expand Collapse
    Ride Continues
    Silver Member

We like to break out the :popcorn: when liberals eat their own ....

9. greenman19

greenman19
    Expand Collapse

10. samurairabbi

samurairabbi
    Expand Collapse
    Dungeon Schmuck

In the Duke case, Nifong CONCEALED evidence; that's why he got slammed by the system.

Whatever one's feelings about Dershowitz, if HE says your action is ill-considered, you should at least recheck your audit trail.

#10 samurairabbi, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  11. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

At this point, there is a huge, huge difference between any questionable decisions by the Zimmerman prosecutor and by that scumbag in NC (who, I think, is no longer a lawyer).

12. DOC44

DOC44
    Expand Collapse

FOX interview with Dershowitz
    :wow::wow:

[ame]http://video.foxnews.com/v/1585842879001/alan-dershowitz-blasts-case-against-george-zimmerman/[/ame]

Doc44

13. TBO

TBO
    Expand Collapse
    Why so serious?
    CLM
    1. The Outpost Lounge

14. hyperstyx

hyperstyx
    Expand Collapse

Several days ago I suggested that the State's pursuit in Zimmerman case was verging on actionable malicious prosecution. It would behoove those unfamiliar with this Florida law to get acquainted. Of the six elements required to establish malicious prosecution, five appear to be present...and the remaining one is likely forthcoming.

Dershowitz's speculation on subornation of perjury is separate, but fits well and adds to the element of malice.

15. samurairabbi

samurairabbi
    Expand Collapse
    Dungeon Schmuck

Dang, Hyperstyx! You sure hurl dem big words around real purrty!

16. DocCasualty

DocCasualty
    Expand Collapse

[/
    Can you expound for those of us not familiar with FL law?
    ----------------

Okay, found this:

#16 DocCasualty, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  17. CAcop

CAcop
    Expand Collapse

You realize you just said "ethical standards" in a thread about lawyers, right?

They wrote those with the intent of looking good but still giving them the opportunity to make money.

18. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454
    Expand Collapse

Her very words showed it to be Malicius prosecution- "We're here to find justice for Trayvon!!" No your not - your there to find the truth! And apply the law as written. When she didn't include the photo of his injuries to gain the warrent for arrest! Thats purjury! I can't wait for a jury to get this case and rip the prosecution to hell and back for not following the law! A good judge should shut this BS down real quick. :supergrin:

19. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

It's going to depend on the jury, and how well each team tells their story.

20. Brucev

Brucev
    Expand Collapse

From my POV, the statement made is restrained. It is not a matter of politics. It stems from his partisan involvement in academic matters.