close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Deputy gets fired for being out of uniform

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ronduke, Apr 6, 2012.

1. ronduke

ronduke

Jan 24, 2007
  2. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

Dec 29, 2011

3. Am I missing something?? Should there be something more to this than is being reported?? :dunno:

4. Naelbis

Naelbis

Oct 22, 2009
    ND
    Sounds like someone up the chain didn't like this guy and used this as an excuse to get rid of him despite not really investigating it. The politics in a Sheriffs Office can be deadly when you don't have any civil service or union protection...

5. Any violation of law?

Any person file a written complaint?

Does this mean that I can get people fired that ware PJ's out side their home?

What if I am out side the Sheriffs home at 2am and he comes outside in his underware, and I get a cell phone pic?

I could see some days off if he was warned about it, but not fired.

6. dano1427

dano1427

Jan 3, 2001
    There's nothing there that would warrant a dismissal, and maybe not even a reprimand...But small town agencies are "interesting" in the way things are done.

7. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

One of several reasons I do not work for a sheriff, (plus less money in it). You work at the pleasure of the elected official, and he can get rid of you for whatever reason he decides on.

Still, you would think there would be more to it. Conduct unbecoming I would think would be more severe.

8. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    Had he been mowing in a speedo, would that have made a difference? Seriously...I'm not seeing where this is a violation of law, nor that it would fall under the category of conduct so grievously inappropriate that it would warrant discipline. Good thing deputies in my state have civil service.

9. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Mar 1, 2012
    The Rust Belt.
    I hope he files a federal lawsuit and wins, take it all the way to the box if ya have to...sounds like total BS!

10. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

I know a guy who claims to. He still works with us. I think there is more to it, that we are not hearing.

11. nursetim

nursetim

Mar 1, 2006
    liberalville N. M.
    What if he wore Lycra bicycle shorts? Maybe the difference between bikinis and bra and panties?

12. Next time tell him the potato goes in the front, not in the back...:rofl:

13. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Jan 2, 2008
    Lost Coast, Cali
    Man, the sheriff is really trying to put the peen to him. Not cool.

14. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I'd be surprised if they have a regulation that would support firing somebody for mowing the law in his underwear. I'm pretty sure that's 100% legal and not the kind of thing you think of to put in a reg. Even California doesn't have a law saying how many layers of clothes you are required to wear...yet.

15. scottydl

scottydl

May 31, 2005
    The Middle
    Looks like the Sheriff can/did let him go for just about any reason, and I'm betting there's some history there that's not reflected in the news media (big surprise). But the guy still keeps his state LE certification unless he's charged with a crime, which he wasn't.

It sounds like the officer was trying to prove something, and the Sheriff was trying to prove something in return. Sheriff won, at least for now.

16. Bluecard

Bluecard GUNDWG

Nov 23, 2005
    Texas
    I wonder if they would have fired an attractive female deputy if she mowed in a bikini? How stupid is this?

17. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
    Maybe, but the article says the complaint came in in December. Who mows their yard in December in Tennessee? The pic sure as crap doesn't look like it was taken in December.

18. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Sep 26, 2007
    Ohio
    I will bet Tennessee it is a "right to work" state, and/or there is no union.

19. ICARRY2

ICARRY2 NRA Life Member

Dec 22, 2007
    At least he wasn't wearing tighty whiteys.