close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Deputy Butter bean-TAZED!

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by BSA70, Aug 23, 2011.

1. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

Mar 14, 2010
    On the move ... again!
    With that weight problem, I hope he lives long enough to enjoy his new found fame. I smell a lawsuit brewing.

2. pal2511

pal2511

Sep 15, 2002
    KS
    Jesus where does he work? Guess they dont have a physical? He looks like my old firearms instructor except my instructor had hair

3. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

I have seen very few in that kind of work at that kind of weight. Big fellow, but mercy. I know one guy whom I have worked with in corrections who is very strong, strong man type of strength, although no where near what he was in his prime. When I first got here he dumbbell curled for biceps at around 85 to 95 lbs per dumbbell on average. Inmates who knew him would not run from him because once he caught a hold of an inmate it was instantly over. Not that I am saying a lot of fat is a good thing for a bod, but this fellow I know even now is fairly strong, and you would not want him getting a hold of you. He is a snatch and grab master.

4. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

Sep 11, 2009
    He handled that tazer like it was nothing but an inconvenience.

5. pal2511

pal2511

Sep 15, 2002
    KS
    Tasers work on muscle though not fat. If you are a small muscular guy it will lock you up solid. If your a fat dude like jelly bean than it wont do much except annoy you

6. I don't believe that there was a good connection with the probes. Two weeks ago I took the " full ride" on a new X2 TASER. The X2 hurts lot more than the M-26. I fell like a tree. If he got a full ride I don't know how he stood up throught it. :shocked:

Sorry X-26 bad typist here.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  7. He was hit with the X26, not M26. The M26 actually "huts" more, but the NMI with the X26 is more effective because of the shaped pulse technology as opposed to the blunt pulse of the M26.

I haven't yet done the instructor certification for the X2 and X3 but I am hoping to do so soon.

I just did the X26 certification for a group of new hires in the past couple of weeks. When the spotters are holding the volunteer up, they don't fall to the mat.

8. OLY-M4gery

OLY-M4gery

Nov 7, 2001
    Southern WI
    One of my co-workers stood through a Tasering, he was completely locked up, but standing, for the full 5 seconds.

9. toddmog

toddmog

May 28, 2007
    Kansas
    Did anyone else notice the rest of the deputies still had their guns on? Around here, that isn't allowed. In the classroom yes, but when it came time to shoot the training probes and take the ride, all guns went in a drawer. Same story when we got sprayed.

10. PuroMexicano

PuroMexicano VIVA MEXICO !!!

Jan 28, 2004
    Monterrey, Mexico
    he just needed this
    [​IMG]

11. BSA70

BSA70

Aug 14, 2007
    NC
    I've took the ride with the x26. don't know how anyone could stand during that hit!

12. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Feb 14, 2008
    Costa Mesa
    I guess it's impossible to taze him in the neck though.

13. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    I noticed it. I know that Taser's material very explicitly states that no weapons of any kind are permitted in any of the classroom or practical training. I've always worn mine when teaching, likely when doing exposures, too. We always have the person being shocked remove all non-clothing items (wallet, keys, etc) to prevent those items from getting hit and/or causing injury in a fall.

14. efman

efman

May 22, 2005
    georgia
    does anyone know where he works? I watched a few of the other videos, wearing a vest and jeans to work looks pretty sweet!

15. G27Chief

G27Chief Lifetime Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Southwestern Gawjaw
    I have some stuff that would fit him!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  16. AgentM79

AgentM79 Platinum Member

Nov 29, 2003
    I suppose any of his detractors present would like to "roll" with him? He'd rip your head clean off! That's THE "Butter Bean". Professional fighter, and now Reserve Deputy.

With that said, having ridden the lightning bolt with both the M and X Tasers, the X was worse. Both SUCKED to be shot with, although I'd still rather have that than a good hit with OC.

Deputy Butter Bean handled it WELL.