close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

DeLisle Carbine question

Discussion in 'GATE NFA/Class III' started by Sniperfox, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Sniperfox

Sniperfox Kopfjaeger

Mar 20, 2006
    Wilmington NC
    I know a person that 'supposedly' has a DeLisle Carbine and wants to get rid of it. Her husband 'supposedly' brought it and others back from his military service overseas. He was OSS during WWII and god only knows what agency in the 15 or 20 years after the war. Anyway, he has recently passed away and she wants to dispose of his collection. I'm sure the weapons that he had were probably not registered anywhere and many of them are supposed to be of the Class III variety. Can they be legally registered now? She is obviously cautious about their existance since she doesn't want to get into trouble and I hope that they aren't destined to be dumped overboard in the atlantic ocean.

2. Zak Smith

Zak Smith 3Gunner Millennium Member

Aug 25, 1999
    Fort Collins, CO, USA
    No, the registry is closed to machineguns. For other items it's illegal to possess them without a stamp. I can't really give any advice other than that.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011

3. Sniperfox

Sniperfox Kopfjaeger

Mar 20, 2006
    Wilmington NC
    A DeLisle Carbine is a .45 acp bolt action suppressed carbine based on the Enfield action. Would that be classed as a machinegun? I was asking if it can be legally registered.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  4. Zak Smith

Zak Smith 3Gunner Millennium Member

Aug 25, 1999
    Fort Collins, CO, USA
    "For other items it's illegal to possess them without a stamp."

There is no process to legally register something that has already been made by other than a Class 2 SOT.

5. Sniperfox

Sniperfox Kopfjaeger

Mar 20, 2006
    Wilmington NC
    Bummer. That's what I was afraid of. I wouldn't be surprised if she burnt his collection or threw them in the ocean from their boat.:crying:

thanks for the info.