close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Delayed gratification...

Discussion in 'The Sig Sauer Club' started by Pier23, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

Feb 26, 2012
    My "experienced" P220 was feeling lonely, so we were doing what single Sigs do and surfing the web, we found a perfect companion, a P220R only used by a little old grandmother to defend her Bingo winnings.

The deal was struck... and I got the long-awaited email from FedEx that the companion was delivered to my LGS.

Scampered down (it is about a half-hour away) and presented my email noting the delivery time, and found out it had not been checked into the LGS yet..the only two people who could check in weapons were both gone for the day...

<sigh>

Took my range bag which had some other toys in it - for I was planning to introduce the P220R to some of its armorymates and motored home....

So, we try again tomorrow....

2. camaro_dave

camaro_dave

Feb 25, 2007
    UTAH
    That's frustrating. I hate waiting for things. I've had my eye on a few different sigs lately, haven't pulled the trigger on purchasing another one yet though.

3. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Yeah, irksome..but it gives me something to do tomorrow...

4. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
  5. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Well, I was able to pick up my P220R today and bust some caps through it!

Shot beautifully... and I found that I was far more accurate with the Sig than I am with the Glock G21...

This P220R is not assembled in Germany... so the date codes are not there...how do I figure out the mfg. date?

Also, the magazine release is on the right side... what is involved in swapping to the left? Although I kinda got used to releasing the magazine with my trigger finger...kinda handy. Is this a major no-no??

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  6. there is a spring loaded pin retaining the magazine button...just know how it is oriented as it is EASY to put in wrong and then you will never get it out without drilling the frame...

Bill

7. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

Feb 26, 2012
    What is involved with getting the mag release button swapped?

8. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

:agree: I've read horror stories about this.

The mag release is the only part I've never touched on a Sig. Never had a reason to actually.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]