close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Deer mount replete with crappy pics.

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by fireslayer23, Mar 26, 2004.

1. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Feb 13, 2001
    North-Central USA
    VERY nice rack on that one. Any idea on weight, total or dressed? Just curious; I've hunted from Michigan to Mississippi, and body weights on deer vary so much it's unreal.

Some day I might stumble across something nearly as nice as that, without my hands in my pockets and weapon slung (that's what happened the ONLY time I've seen what I'd consider a trophy buck). I had my chance, and I blew it; but I won't make that PARTICULAR mistake again (no, I'll make a NEW mistake...).

If you'd like, I can clean-up those pictures a bit; correct the colors, and sharpen them, etc. Drop me a PM with your email address if you want me to work on them; I'll just copy the ones you posted here and email you the tweaked ones.

2. fireslayer23

fireslayer23 Roadwhore

Jun 2, 2000
    USA
    He was between 250-260lbs, dressed weight was not hardly 210lbs.

I'm going to take some more pics and get the lighting right, I'm getting ready to fly to Phoenix on sunday for about 3 weeks and I just hung the deer, snapped some pics and posted them.

Edit: Funny part about it is, my buddy killed a doe that was nearly as big bodied the same morning about 2 hours before I shot mine.

3. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Feb 13, 2001
    North-Central USA
    Sounds like a pretty big one; it would be a monster where I hunted in the deep south, and about average for a 1-2 year old in the corn belt of southern Michigan.

Nice rack in ANY case, though. Usually, I'm not attracted to non-typical racks, but that one is really nice. Lottsa "character"!

4. fireslayer23

fireslayer23 Roadwhore

Jun 2, 2000
    USA
    Thanks.

I'm from Arkansas and this thing eclipses 99.99% percent of the deer that come from here by far, the biggest deer I've seen come from my area goes about 170lbs.