close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Deer Feeder

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by HEMI 27, Nov 26, 2006.

1. HEMI 27

HEMI 27

Dec 23, 2005
    I know the laws on hunting over bait, that not why I want one.

At the end of this season I want to place a feeder on our land to keep and attract new meat for next year.
    I thought about building one but decided was gonna just buy one and then go from there.

I have been looking At Bass Pro Shops and there are a TON of these things.

Anybody prefer a certain make/model?
    Also how often do you have to refill these things?

2. I agree on the moultire or an outfit out texas that has jumbo feeder that 1> don't get knocked over 2> the chute doesn't get clogged.

http://www.lamcofeeders.com/html/feeders.html

price can be high but you get what you pay for. Also don't forget mineral licks, deer need this along with feed to stay health and to grow big horns ;)

3. BrianDamage

BrianDamage YouTalkin'ToMe?

Jul 16, 2000
    Hartselle, AL
    I've got one of these

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=deer+feeder&noImage=0

I love it. Not sure if I linked to the exact same one (they have 2 sizes) but mine hold 200 lbs of feed, seperated into 2 sides. I fill one side with corn, one side with soybeans. I have the solar charger for the battery. Feed last about 3 weeks + if I set it to run twice a day.

The main thing I like is that I don't own a 4-wheeler, and most feeders require one to stand on to fill it up. Mine I just climb the steps and I'm good :thumbsup:

4. GeorgiaGlockMan

GeorgiaGlockMan Aggie in Exile.

Nov 18, 2003
    Bad-Lands Ranch