Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Deer call for does?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by mr_bungle, Oct 10, 2009.

1. mr_bungle

Feb 19, 2003
    I'll be hunting for a doe mule deer next week, and have a question about using a deer call.

I oftentimes see calls for bucks, but never see them for does. Is there a particular type of call that would be appropriate to bring the does in?
  2. msoprano

Jun 2, 2005
    A fawn bleat can bring out the maternal instincts of a doe.

3. Calls can work and some are more effective than others. Does and fawn seems more attracted than others. Just like with turkey calling not to loud and not too much. I used a typical doe or fawn bleat calls to draw a deer that I "see" into my position.

Example, you see a pack of does entering a clearing and walking the other way, you can let out a bleat or two ( no more ) and see if they would get your attention and make way towards you.

Calls like these works fairly good in the earlier parts of the season & early parts of the AM when the wind is low, but becomes less effective in the later months and on any windy days.
  4. msoprano

Jun 2, 2005
    How are the hogs where you live, Noway?
  5. Haven't seen but maybe a handfull of hogs on the 3 times I've been out his season. We have alot of standing water, so I 'm guessing they can be anywhere at this time.

Right now, I have Blizter on my radar or Bambi ;)