close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

decent deal on 5.11 knife at la police gear

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by rem2429, Feb 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. rem2429

rem2429

Nov 26, 2004
    Llano, TX
    5.11s on closeout including the 10-8 tanto knife for 39.99. That is 60.00 off their price and well below other forums. Not a great knife, but darn good for 40 bucks.

2. rem2429

rem2429

Nov 26, 2004
    Llano, TX
    Well, after losing my last benchmade, I bought one of these at $39.99 to replace it in my EDC rotation. While a little big for my tastes, it will do well for EDC clipped into my waist, and I won't cry if I lose it. I'm not a big Tanto fan, but it works well enough for what I need. As a bonus, I learned it works well as a wood chisel. :whistling: The 154cm blade and G10 grips are well made. The liners and liner lock are a little on the thin side and very stiff. It can be opened by a good wrist flick, and I like holes better than studs on the blade. All in all, a good deal for the knife.

3. mercop

mercop

Jul 10, 2002
    PA
    The reason it is on close out because it is a POS. Someone gave my kid one a while back. I never looked at before giving him the box. He opened it up and it was missing a screw from the factory. 5.11 should have stuck to clothes (which are inferior to Woolrich Elite) You could got to Wally World and get yourself a Spyderco Native for about the same price and have a good knife.- George

4. mesteve2

mesteve2

Mar 2, 2001
    USA
    :wow:
    You know sir!
    Sorry 511 did not do a better job :wow:

I have given my wife and twin daughters Spyderco 12 years ago. And they still carry them knives.

They think they are Great!
    :wow:

5. rem2429

rem2429

Nov 26, 2004
    Llano, TX
    Hmm...
    No missing screws here.
    154 CM blade
    G10 scales
    admittedly mediocore liner lock
    Not great, but hardly a POS, and half the cost of the cheapest Native I have seen.
    BTW I already own a Delica, which is a great knife.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  6. a1b2c3

a1b2c3

Jul 10, 2002
    TX
    I'm a Spyderco Endura man but I do own one of these 5.11 10-8s and it's a good solid blade that I've been carrying with an endura the last 8 months. I have no complaints on the knife or their clothing.

7. camdz

camdz

Oct 24, 2006
    Kansas
    In my opinion the $40 Spyderco Native from Walmart was one of the best deals going. They have been discontinued as far as I know (at least around here). I get where you are going though, and wont turn this into a "buy this knife instead" thread.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010

8. :wow:George,the OP stated it was not a great knife in his post. Yet in your attempt in sharing a little wisdom you kind of thread crapped his post. Better to have sent a PM? I know,I didn't PM you.:supergrin:.

9. mercop

mercop

Jul 10, 2002
    PA
    You are right. I apologize. Dick move on my part.-George