Debt Up $1.59T Under GOP House

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by snerd, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Way to go, Boehner!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    The Faces of Debt The Okie Corral Jun 28, 2015
    90 Days: Treasury Says Debt Has Been Frozen at $18,112,975,000,000 Political Issues Jun 15, 2015
    Debt collections and such... The Okie Corral Jun 2, 2015
    How much would you spend (or go into debt) to save a pet? The Okie Corral May 26, 2015
    Is the US national "debt" an illusion? The Lighter Side Mar 10, 2015

3. Rep. Dem., two sides of the same coin.

4. It's good to see the Tea Party kicking ass and taking names. They've really struck fear into the hearts of those establishment types. :whistling:

5. debts up like 5 trillion with obama so no room to talk

#4 shadowman024, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  6. 427

This is what happens when the .gov operates w/out a budget and gets by with Continuing Resolutions. There's really no excuse.

7. marvin

marvin sci-fi nut

am i missing something? the senate hasn't passed a new buget in what 3 or 4 years. they are just running on the old budget over and over. no budget this house pass's gets by the senate or the president, so were blaming them?

no doubt that between 2001 to 2007 rep. spent like drunking fools. but the bail outs and huge debt came after the dem's regained the house and senate agian. the sad part is that bush went along with the bail outs.

8. Gary W Trott

Gary W Trott Prickley Fan

"They've got a set of Republican waiters on one side and a set of Democratic waiters on the other side, but no matter which set of waiters brings you the dish, the legislative grub is all prepared in the same Wall Street kitchen."
    — Huey Long, campaign speech for the re-election of Senator Hattie Caraway (D-AR), 1932 (Williams p. 589)

9. This s correct.

Continuing resolutions since Obama has been in office and the Dems held both House and Senate.

The Republicans have submitted a debt reducing budget proposal every year. It is the Democrats in the Senate (a.k.a. Harry Reid) who stop the budget effort. Obama does nothing but contribute to the problem with budget proposals that neither party supports - zero votes in support.

The linked article is jaded and partisan.
    Blaming the Republicans for Democrat continuing spending when Democrats have been the roadblock and continue to add trillions in debt to China is ludicrous.

Conservatives, you are being duped if you believe this hack trash piece.

#8 engineer151515, Jun 3, 2012
  10. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Two words: Debt Ceiling

11. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues
    Silver Member

.... and enforcing it !

12. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

My point

13. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues
    Silver Member

Well the last one was Kabuki theater ......

Giving the dims an effective veto was stupid ...

Of course they were gonna use it ..... :steamed:

14. Our uninformed American voting public, half of which receive a .govt check in some fashion or another, are quick to believe that Republicans are throwing grandma over the cliff in a wheelchair or starving children in schools when the Dems demagogue them for trying to enforce a debt ceiling.

Republicans paid a heavy political price in the 1990's for taking a fiscal responsible stand.

Personally, I think, with so many people on the .govt dole squabbling over borrowed Chinese money and whatever "entitlements" they feel are now a gov't "right", that the system is doomed to currency collapse. The only thing that has propped it up this long has been the even worse performance of the Euro.

#13 engineer151515, Jun 3, 2012
  15. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues
    Silver Member

I don't care if their house of cards collapses..... I just don't want them taking me with them .....:wow:

16. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This.

17. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

I wonder what price they will pay for not having the spine to take a stand against fiscal irresponsibility?

18. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security

Since neither party will touch them, and even 'conservatives' here will defend them, it sounds like you're basically saying there is no difference between the reps and the dems

#17 certifiedfunds, Jun 3, 2012
  19. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

yada yada yada

20. This sounds a lot like Obama does when he blames Bush for everything he's failing at. If you're going to accept that argument, you have to accept Obama's too.

The bottom line is that the House can stop the spending. Will it take some backbone? Yes. Will it take a high degree of political skill? Yes. So why are these guys even in there if they have neither?

21. 427

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here.’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership . Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit."
    Then Senator, Barack Obama, March 16, 2006