close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Debating on taking the Glock Armorers course

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by leedesert, Jun 20, 2012.

1. leedesert

leedesert Diss--Member

Actually, I just signed up for the course in Smyrna GA on 7 August.

I've been carrying and working on Glocks since the late 90's but never got formal training. I can pretty much take a Glock apart blind folded so what should I expect? Is it worth going to?

2. GNiner

GNiner

I was in the same boat as you, having already read the Ptooma book and watched Teddy Graham videos, and worked on my own glocks for years. But I signed up for the course when it came through locally anyway.

It was pretty basic, and they won't even acknowledge that .25 cent trigger jobs or any other mods are helpful. But I did learn a few tricks from some of the participants (large LEO organization armorers) whose job it is to keep TONS of guns running.

And the background from the instructors on what is going on at Glock and Gen 4 updates was very useful. Also, my instructor was Dennis Tueller (of the Tueller drill fame) and listening to his point of view on many subjects and some of his war stories was awesome!

So overall, I enjoyed the class and it was worth it. Your discount on purchasing a new gun as a certified glock armorer comes close to covering the cost for the class anyway, so it was definitely worth it.

3. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

the only guy that did not pass the test to be certified in my first class was the guy that could take it apart blindfolded--------

Go figure.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  4. leedesert

leedesert Diss--Member

How do you not pass something like that? I mean, a Glock is not exactly neuro surgery.
    I was unaware of any discount so I guess that's a plus. Thanks for your feedback.

Sent via mental telepathy.

5. SARDG

SARDG

I got 100% on the actual written test. Most got between 80%-100%. The one fellow who didn't pass got some remedial work after the formal class adjourned so I imagine he eventually passed.

Some foks freeze up when taking written exams but are very capable of performing the hands-on practical side.

6. emtjr928

emtjr928

I just took the class last week in Smyrna. Felt it was very much worth my time and money. If you are looking for a "trick my Glock" course, you will be disappointed. You can however come away with a lot of knowledge on history, future plans, access to factory parts and how to maintain their pistols in combat ready condition. The pistol purchase discount is a nice side benefit. :)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. leedesert

leedesert Diss--Member

Well I can understand that. I can take a written test with my eyes closed as well...lol.

Not looking for anything other than learning and being certified that I can do things the right way

Sent via mental telepathy.

8. R.T.

R.T.

Yep, you get the LEO/blue label guns and prices. If you are in the market for new Glock, I recommend you stop by Ed's Public Safety on your way home from class (it's close by). You can call them first, tell 'em you're a Glock Armorer and see if they have the blue label gun you want.

They'll make a copy of your certificate, fill out the paperwork, pay and off you'll go. One advantage of taking the class in Smyrna is you'll leave with you Armorer's Cert in hand.

9. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Go for it. It will turn you into a confirmed Glockophile.

10. Ronbars

Ronbars

I'm signed up for 8/2 in Juno Beach, FL. Can't wait!