close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Debate Could Test Two Romney Weaknesses, Talking and Thinking

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Flintlocker, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
    NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—With the first Presidential debate just two days away, G.O.P. nominee Mitt Romney has been working intensively on two skills that have eluded him throughout the campaign: talking and thinking.

According to one aide, much of Mr. Romney’s debate preparation has involved rehearsing a slew of prepackaged “zingers,” with mixed results: “We gave him what we thought was a foolproof line about the budget deficit and he somehow turned it into a crack about gay Mexicans.”

Reportedly, Mr. Romney’s practice debates have gone worse than expected, with the former Massachusetts governor getting trounced by a variety of opponents, including the Apple personal assistant Siri.

At a joint campaign appearance in Ohio today, Ann Romney attempted to lower expectations for her husband’s performance at this Wednesday’s debate: “When Mitt starts working his mouth and goes off on some weird tangent about who knows what, please just tune him out. God knows that’s how I’ve survived all these years.”

Mr. Romney also downplayed his debate prospects, telling supporters: “President Obama could very well be the greatest debater in human history. He’s Abraham Lincoln, Clarence Darrow, and the Roman orator Cicero put together. Next to that silver-tongued bastard I’m going to sound like someone with a head injury.”

Later in the day, Mr. Romney’s campaign released a statement apologizing to people with head injuries.

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/online/blo...esses-talking-and-thinking.html#ixzz285FSokJy

2. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    :tongueout::tongueout::

"Hey Mr.Obama, those words on the teleprompter? You didn't write those, someone else made those happen"

Without a teleprompter Obama is a bufoon

All you will hear from Obama are smug cliches and blaming Bush

3. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    You are a desperate kinda guy, aren't you?

Still, I want you to be fulfilled; so I hope that Romney provides you with posting material for the next eight years.

4. The man that always uses a prompter and comes up with dandies like "you didn't build that" and "clinging to guns and religion" is nobody to hang your hat on....you know that right?

LOL

5. If it was a teleprompter reading contest, I'd be worried.

6. GAFinch

GAFinch

Feb 23, 2009
    Georgia
    Liberal elitist doing a hit piece on Republicans using satire. :yawn:

7. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    +1 An obvious antagonist playing games.

8. fortyofforty

fortyofforty

Jul 9, 2005
    Umm, uh, aw, umm, umm, uh, aww, ah, umm, uh, umm. Thus sayeth your messiah. What a clown. He's a great golfer, though. Almost as good as Kim Jong Il, I've heard. Get yourself a breathalyzer or an inhalator, in case you have an attack during the debate. And call a corpseman to save you. Barrack Odumbo, suuuuuper genius. :rofl:

9. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    Hey, it will be Romney's first time debating a teleprompter but I'm sure he will do fine.

10. evlbruce

evlbruce

Nov 3, 2003
    The debates are so rehearsed and scripted neither 0 nor Mittens should have much trouble.

The format is a joke.

11. Fed Five Oh

Fed Five Oh NRA Member

Dec 28, 2006
    MO
    The interesting part will be how the MSM spins the story when the dabate ends that night.

I predict a Romney "home run" will be reported as a dead heat.

A tie reported as a 0bama knock out punch.

And an 0bama flop reported as a tie.

12. GAFinch

GAFinch

Feb 23, 2009
    Georgia
    Except that one of them has probably given the questions to be asked to the PBS moderator.

13. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    ^^^^^^

This.

14. Bruce H

Bruce H

Dec 5, 2000
    missouri

After the election wet flints in his locker will be fired by DU because of financial cutbacks. Several others will be unemployed also.

15. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    I agree that Romney seems crazy: Why run for President and inherit the worst recession EVER in the American history ????

With his money, he can just go buy an island in the Caribbean and distant everything else.

I think the answer is that HE is a Patriot.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  16. fortyofforty

fortyofforty

Jul 9, 2005
    I wonder if Odumbo's brain got fried during some of those "Choom Gang" debate society meetings. I mean, he is probably the dumbest president in American history, and his success is entirely due to Affirmative Action. Every step of the way. Until Odumbo proves otherwise by disclosing his transcripts, that is the truth. An objective press corps (pronounced "corpse") with scruples would have torn him to shreds in press conference after press conference, but since the corps is not objective they just go along for the ride. Too much leg tingle for their own good, I think.

17. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Oct 6, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Romney is gonna do so well in that debate that Flintlicker will need a medical corpse-man standing by with smelling salts to revive him (or her, whatever).
    :ambulance:

18. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    It could be interesting.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_AAMa_X2dM&feature=related"]53 seconds that should end a presidency - YouTube[/ame]