Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.
Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by horge, Feb 21, 2009.
Boy Killed When Office Chair Explodes
Must've been a very heavy 14 year old boy who probably butt-suplexed the chair from a height of 10 feet. But seriously, I can see how it can happen; it's a Mythbusters material.
Made in China products should have a label similar to cigarette packs:
"Warning, using China made products can be dangerous to your health"
And then there's a sample picture of what could happen.
That must have hurt...
could have been laden with lead . Must have eaten mexican food the night before. Methane got trapped in chair plus static equals kaboom.
Honestly, you don't see headlines like that very often. I mean talk about sitting in the hot seat.
americans cant do anything about it.... china just bought a ton of US treasury bills!
Let's see, if some oil got into the cylinder and ignited as it was compressed, known I think as "dieseling", then perhaps that might have been the cause. I'm no engineer, perhaps some on this forum can comment.
I bought a US surplus executive chair (made in Taiwan) and used it for several years, no problem at all.
I remember in the '90s, beer was becoming popular in China, and the Chinese bottlers weren't making glass bottles to the same standards as the rest of the world (plus the beer quality control was spotty, leading some beers to be fizzier and have more pressure than others.) The result? A running tally of how many Chinese were maimed or killed by exploding beer bottles.
This story, however, is painful to think about