Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

DEA, 1911's and The M&P

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by Glocknload 19, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Glocknload 19

Glocknload 19

Jul 8, 2010
    I'm going to get the most bang for my buck with a few questions if you don't mind. Is it true that the DEA has authorized field agents to carry cocked and locked 1911's. Seems like a tough gun to transition to from the glocks with such a large department and limited training time. Second I do believe they have adopted the S&W M&P's for carry. I know you carry an M&P revolver for back up but what are your thoughts on the M&P9c, as my agency has given us the choice to transition to these from the Glocks. Are they really taking a lot of contracts from Glock. Feels much better in my hand personally. I shoot it better. Last, will they take qualifications with our Winchester Ranger 127 +p+ or is it better to stick with our second choice the GD 124+p for the Smith. Sorry about all the questions at once. Thanks.
  2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    I've heard that the 1911 has been approved by DEA, but haven't confirmed that with the agency.

The M&P is indeed being widely adopted. I would expect it to thrive on 127 +P+ OR 124 grain +P. The M&P 9C is a VERY cool little gun.